Author Topic: Modeling import help  (Read 905 times)

I was wondering if there was a converter for maya 2012 as in I could import models made by blender milkshape etc. Does anyone know a way?

you'd have to export it as obj and convert
that's what I'd do anyway.

But how? Im not sure how to do this

Never used autodesk or maya cause they're too exspensive, but there should be an option in files about exporting...

Aren't there tutorials on google and whatnot that teach you how to export/import stuff in maya?
See if you can find something.

Never used autodesk or maya cause they're too exspensive, but there should be an option in files about exporting...

Aren't there tutorials on google and whatnot that teach you how to export/import stuff in maya?
See if you can find something.

I already know how to export models from maya but I need to import Files INTO Maya. But the other thing is that the models are ment for blender and Milkshape so Im not sure how to import them into maya

I already know how to export models from maya but I need to import Files INTO Maya. But the other thing is that the models are ment for blender and Milkshape so Im not sure how to import them into maya
Oh, just open the blend. file with blender, then export it as an obj.
same for milkshape.

You'd have to use the programs though, and you would have to export it through either milkshape or blender.

Maya Doesnt use obj files it uses a specific Maya File

aren't there any other files?
Collada?
SVG?
PLY?
3DS?

You can still IMPORT a whole bunch of files including OBJ. Opening files and importing files are two different things.

You can still IMPORT a whole bunch of files including OBJ. Opening files and importing files are two different things.

You have to go to file>import not file>open

How does he have enough money to use maya while he doesn't even know how to import files??!

1. Export your Maya file to desktop.

2. open Milkshape.

3. import the file under "Export" in Milkshape.

4. There you go.

How does he have enough money to use Maya while he doesn't even know how to import files??!

I do know how to use it and I'm just not very sure about importing files  Oh and Broze It wont interfere with anything? I can just import a .Obj file?