Author Topic: Parkour Playertype (Update! [03.08.12])  (Read 20331 times)

Personally, I'm not sure if it's posible in BL as I havent experimented with many datablock speed values, but would it be possible for running speed to slowly increase as you run (and maybe even lose a bit of momentum on landing  after making a jump).

I know this could never be as amazing as Mirror's Edge, but the video you have sure makes it look nice.

GJ

when mounted to a ledge, you can slowly move anywhere; http://i.imgur.com/v9kqh.png
Yeah, I know about that bug. Will need a different ledge grabbing system to fix it :V

Personally, I'm not sure if it's posible in BL as I havent experimented with many datablock speed values, but would it be possible for running speed to slowly increase as you run (and maybe even lose a bit of momentum on landing  after making a jump).

I know this could never be as amazing as Mirror's Edge, but the video you have sure makes it look nice.

GJ
It already quite does, honestly. The fact that it takes too long to accelerate will bother lots of users. :V
Wait up for RTB preferences, though! They will let you modify EVERYTHING in game.

EDIT: Whoops, double toast.

2EDIT: Guys, does the playertype work for everyone else in Slayer/Default minigame/Outside a minigame? I'm having some trouble with it..

3EDIT: Okay, there's some huge bug that breaks entire parkour system and I don't know how to recreate it. Fuuuuuck.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:19:55 AM by Crystalwarrior »

Would you be able to have like a first person model to be able to see the body, arms, hands and legs with  those custom animations?  :cookie:

Could you make it less slidy?

Yeah, I know about that bug. Will need a different ledge grabbing system to fix it :V
Rather than making a different system, just remove the ability to move, but make sure you can still drop and jump, that'd be better I think.

Rather than making a different system, just remove the ability to move, but make sure you can still drop and jump, that'd be better I think.
Yeah, maybe seperate datablock for no moving.

Possibly. It's a workable and fixable bug though.

Also you might as well upload it to RTB if you're going to update it. It's much easier for us who download it.

Possibly. It's a workable and fixable bug though.

Also you might as well upload it to RTB if you're going to update it. It's much easier for us who download it.
Blame RTB admins. I am waiting one-two days already for it to be "processed".

It does not work for me at all..

None of the "wall climb" features, ledge features, anything.  It's just a playertype that runs fast and slides around a lot.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:47:15 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

It does not work for me at all..

None of the "wall climb" features, ledge features, anything.  It's just a playertype that runs fast and slides around a lot.
Yeah, I'm aware of that bug. I'm doing my research on it, Trying to find what's causing it and how do I get rid of it. Packages, perhaps?

Wow.  This should make Super Novi's Afghanistan Lava DM a hell of a lot more interesting...

Yeah, I'm aware of that bug. I'm doing my research on it, Trying to find what's causing it and how do I get rid of it. Packages, perhaps?
You said there is little to no bugs in the OP, yet you're aware of the fact that the playertype doesn't work at all for some players?  What?

and little to no bugs