Author Topic: Parkour Playertype (Update! [03.08.12])  (Read 20334 times)

I'm not trying to be mean to you lol

Running and Jumping are parkour features, aren't they?  I guess you could exclude jumping, but it still shouldn't drain your energy.  Nothing should. 

You're getting all ragey over nothing, I'm not flaming you or anything.
If you're going to release mods into the community, you need to learn how to take criticism.  If you can't take a little criticism then deal with it.
Well you're just pretty much dumbing out there.
Running and Jumping are default features, and that's pretty obvious.
Parkour features are Climbing, Walljumping, Ledge grabbing, et cetera.
And just so you know, you can make people mad if you constantly say they are bad without any criticism.

Anyway, lets get back to the playertype. What new features should I add, what should I remove?

Add wallrunning, for one.

Also jumping and walking (at least my version) does actually drain the meter.

for some reason the thing seems to only sometimes respond to my right clicking on some bricks really randomly. it's kind of annoying.

Well you're just pretty much dumbing out there.
Running and Jumping are default features, and that's pretty obvious.
Parkour features are Climbing, Walljumping, Ledge grabbing, et cetera.
And just so you know, you can make people mad if you constantly say they are bad without any criticism.

Anyway, lets get back to the playertype. What new features should I add, what should I remove?
You say "Running" as if you can start to run  faster than normal, this isn't a default feature.  I wouldn't know if you can actually do this or not because your playertype doesn't work.

I can't give you totally constructive criticism because I have nothing to judge, because your playertype doesn't work.

You're getting mad at me for things that are your fault, what do you expect?  10/10 reviews for your broken mod?

for some reason the thing seems to only sometimes respond to my right clicking on some bricks really randomly. it's kind of annoying.
Well, I guess it needs a rescript.
Working on playertype FROM SCRATCH nao.

Well, I guess it needs a rescript.
Working on playertype FROM SCRATCH nao.
Like how when I tell you the mod is broken you rage, someone else tells you it's broken and you actually decide to fix it.

Add wallrunning, for one.

Also jumping and walking (at least my version) does actually drain the meter.
Yeah, don't worry about that now, in the new rescripted version, this problem will be fixed.
Xalos taught me a new thingamajiggy. :D

By the way, I said that Walking and jumping would still drain the meter when parkour features like walljumping and wallclimbing won't.

EDIT: New update coming right up!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:17:40 AM by Crystalwarrior »

Doesn't even work for me, just a fast playertype with energy.

Doesn't even work for me, just a fast playertype with energy.
Yeah, the new update will fix that. Uploading...

EDIT: Alright, updated.
I removed the blur when falling thing, because it was not only annoying, but it broke most of the features.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:12:09 AM by Crystalwarrior »

Testing it out now, here's hoping everything worked out well, because I want to make a short video showcasing it.

Works perfectly, well done. I see that there sliding sound, hoping to see it put to good use soon.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:51:05 PM by RagnaTheBroedge »

Testing it out now, here's hoping everything worked out well, because I want to make a short video showcasing it.

Works perfectly, well done. I see that there sliding sound, hoping to see it put to good use soon.
Yeah, you can uncomment the extremely buggy and horribly working version of sliding right now in the script, but I really don't reccomend doing it.
Not because it breaks stuff, it doesen't really.
It's just that it's bad.

Well, I tried this addon in my server on LAN game mode (maybe I'll investigate both the internet connection and the singleplayer modes), and absolutely nothing works for me (in terms of climbing, wall jumping, and ledge grabbing). I've looked at all of the comments on this thread and tried everything, but none of it works. I also checked my console; the addon was loaded in perfectly fine, and I received no errors during my test. I will go ahead and try to disable all but default addons and if it works, try to pin a certain addon that breaks it.

EDIT: So I just tried it with only the default addons and the parkour player addon enabled. It still did not work, so as far as I know there is not an addon that breaks this.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:57:42 AM by ZyronnSorrow »

-snip-
When you fall, do you get whiteouts?
If yes, are you sure you used the 03.08.12 version of the add-on?

Edit: It took six days for RTB to process my add-on, and you know what, It's not done yet!
Wow.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:11:17 AM by Crystalwarrior »

bump?  :panda:

RTB Completely hates me. It took... A lot of time, and it's still not processed.
Where are all the RTB admins..?

Oh gosh. My noob senses are tingling. Soon there will be 100 servers with ACM city loaded and this player type...