Author Topic: BL won't start.  (Read 1682 times)

Update to v8 and now the .exe just opens up and shows this:

Code: [Select]
--------- Loading Common ---------
Missing file: base/main.cs!
Missing file: base/client/defaults.cs!
Missing file: base/server/defaults.cs!
Executing base/config/client/prefs.cs.
Executing base/config/server/prefs.cs.
--------- Loading MODS ---------
Skipping mod: Add-Ons
%
%
--------- Initializing FPS ---------
Missing file: base/client/init.cs!
Missing file: base/server/init.cs!
Missing file: base/data/init.cs!
<input> (0): Unable to find function initCommon
<input> (0): Unable to find function initServer
<input> (0): Unable to find function serverPart2
Engine initialized...
%

And doesn't open the BL window.

Worked fine last night on v7.

Try a clean install in another folder, then import your old game's add-on folder and try to start the game, and then do it with maps, saves, etc.

Trial and Error.

yay working ("over" installed)

ARGE! Now it doesn't work again. I closed the game and got the vista "this program may have not been installed properly" thing. And now it doesn't work again. (does same thing as in first post).

I have this porblem to
right now the only solution i ahve is to run it as administrator from you blockland folder

Badspot

• Administrator
For the original problem, do you by any chance have a blockland.exe floating around in your program files directory now? 

For the original problem, do you by any chance have a blockland.exe floating around in your program files directory now? 

Nope.

for some reason the system allowign thing was reset to "everyone" which, on vista, requires it to be opened as "everyone" i dotn knwo why thsi si though
but the easyest way to do it is to run the files as admin
i havent tried changing permissions yet, ill do that enxt and see if theres a perm fix

Yeah, the run as admin thing is annoying.. It ask for a "Cancel or allow" thing.