Super Mario 64 playertype

Author Topic: Super Mario 64 playertype  (Read 753 times)

Someone should port Mario's model from Super Mario 64, with all of its associated animations, to Blockland.  Custom animations could be made to allow him to do everything a Blockland player can do.  He could use flat shading to give him a somewhat blocky appearance.  Plus, he only uses four little textures for his eyes, mustache, sideburns, and buttons, giving him a somewhat Lego-ish appearance to begin with.

As a player type, he would be a bit faster than a standard player, but not as much so as a quake-like player.  At default size, he would stand about as tall as a standard player, and his jump height would be that of about 25 plates, enough to clear an 8x cube and then some.  Rather than red, his hat and shirt color would depend on the player's shirt color.  The rest of him would be colored as normal.

Maybe he could use custom sounds from Super Mario 64 too?  "Ya!" when he jumps, "Ung!" when he takes damage, etc.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:10:47 PM by Plastiware »

I would like the animations, but I don't really care about the model.

That is an AWESOME idea. That player should also be able to punch, jump-kick, do backflips and do triple jumps.

That is an AWESOME idea. That player should also be able to punch, jump-kick, do backflips and do triple jumps.
The attacks would be an item.

The attacks would be an item.

This.  The only problem I can see with this would be giving non-Mario players proper attack animations.

This is neat...but shouldn't you try someone simpler like Toad first?  :cookieMonster:

I seriously want it.
Can we also have default blockhead model version?