Destructible events.

Author Topic: Destructible events.  (Read 1003 times)

I was thinking along the lines of how almost every building in a server (especially city RPs) there is
a secret area/spot where you don't want anyone else to get into.
These spots either have walls made of cubes or have respawn events, however you can easily get through both.

So what I'm wondering is if it would be possible to make an event that makes the chosen brick breakable/not?

Hmm this would be SUPER easy to make.

Hmm this would be SUPER easy to make.
You know what you should do?
Make it!!

You could simply make bricks indestructable with these events :

OnBlownup -> self -> respawn

i always use the default onprojectile hit, coupled with kill commands and VCE incase there is a particularly pesky cop trying to get my weed.

I was thinking along the lines of how almost every building in a server (especially city RPs) there is
a secret area/spot where you don't want anyone else to get into.
These spots either have walls made of cubes or have respawn events, however you can easily get through both.

You should explain how the forget someone can easily get through respawn events without glitching through bricks with skis / flying carpet / etc.

so you want an event that deletes all events on a brick when the brick is blown up?

You should explain how the forget someone can easily get through respawn events without glitching through bricks with skis / flying carpet / etc.
It really isn't hard to get through just by shooting them off several times.
so you want an event that deletes all events on a brick when the brick is blown up?
Nu nu, an event that controls whether or not the brick can be blown up in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:41:51 AM by Clone v.117 »

I just tried to bypass a wall of 1x4 bricks with respawn events by shooting it constantly with a rocket launcher and walking forward / jumping.

I did not get past the wall no matter how often I tried - I just managed to get stuck in the wall. The bricks respawn almost instantly so it's not possible to just break them and walk through a hole or something.
It is not easy to get through. You should explain more accurately how you can bypass it because just shooting bricks off several times doesn't do anything.

EDIT: the only possible way would be to make a relay rocket spammer that constantly spawns a stream of rockets against a wall and then walk through it but this shouldn't even be possible in Minigames.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:09:42 AM by Gear »

Try using something like a sniper rifle, rockets are useless because you can't go through without hurting yourself.
Getting through is easy as hell.

Try using something like a sniper rifle, rockets are useless because you can't go through without hurting yourself.
Getting through is easy as hell.
I did now and nothing changes.
I tried it with 1x4x5 and 1x6x5 walls and it still doesn't work unless you build a projectile spammer.
It's not possible as the brick instantly respawns. Getting through is not easy as hell.

I did now and nothing changes.
I tried it with 1x4x5 and 1x6x5 walls and it still doesn't work unless you build a projectile spammer.
It's not possible as the brick instantly respawns. Getting through is not easy as hell.
The method is impossible to explain, the point is me and a lot of other people are always able to get through the walls as I've done it hundreds of times before, it can be done and that's all that really matters.

I just tried to bypass a wall of 1x4 bricks with respawn events by shooting it constantly with a rocket launcher and walking forward / jumping.

I did not get past the wall no matter how often I tried - I just managed to get stuck in the wall. The bricks respawn almost instantly so it's not possible to just break them and walk through a hole or something.
It is not easy to get through. You should explain more accurately how you can bypass it because just shooting bricks off several times doesn't do anything.

EDIT: the only possible way would be to make a relay rocket spammer that constantly spawns a stream of rockets against a wall and then walk through it but this shouldn't even be possible in Minigames.
NO LAG ON A LOCALHOST SERVER LOL!