Off Topic > Drama

Install your add-ons correctly

(1/5) > >>

Wedge:

Yesterday I downloaded \Add-Ons\Add-ons\add-ons\AddALL\AddAll\Add-Ons\shapes\parachute.dts

This was the real directory.

I don't even know how someone can be dumb enough to install a mod like that. I've got two theories here:

1. Someone is purposely trying to annoy me.

2. Someone installed Add-all on their computer, incorrectly. They extracted add-all to the add-all folder instead of to the add-ons folder, and put it in the add-ons directory. Thus AddAll\Add-Ons was born. Someone zipped this up and named it AddALL and sent it to their friend. They installed it wrong to, and created AddALL\AddAll\Add-Ons. Then, through some strange series of events, involving AIM, three people, and unparalleled levels of stupidity, the Add-Ons\Add-ons\add-ons\AddALL\AddAll\Add-Ons\ folder was born.

The worst part was, there were several people in the server. I don't know if they were actually in it or downloading content though. The add-ons/add-ons or add-ons/blockland/add-ons or even the add-ons/add-ons/add-ons folders are old news. But this is ridiculous.

Heads must roll and blood must be shed for this terrible crime.

Ghoul:
Hahahaha! Was that Nasa's server? I saw that on his server.

·•{ Awoken }:

--- Quote from: Wedge on August 09, 2007, 10:00:05 PM ---\Add-Ons\Add-ons\add-ons\AddALL\AddAll\Add-Ons\shapes\parachute.dts
--- End quote ---

ROFTLMFAO, atleast they didn't have a blockland folder thrown in there... I've never seen one that bad before... Wow...

Anyways, I totally agree. I myself, as are you, am tired of downloading add-ons I already have, and am tired of deleting this crap!

Bapspot, suggestion/question, is there a way to prevent this? Either when a player tries to enable a add-on that doesn't follow to correct file system it won't let it load, or client-side by not downloading it? Please?

VerticalHorizon:
I am also getting really annoyed with this.

Wedge:

--- Quote from: ·•{ Awoken } on August 09, 2007, 10:14:12 PM ---Bapspot, suggestion/question, is there a way to prevent this? Either when a player tries to enable a add-on that doesn't follow to correct file system it won't let it load, or client-side by not downloading it? Please?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, he said he was already working on it, I just posted it because it was funny, and I wanted to show off my animated .gif.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version