Author Topic: Apple Users: Mountain Lion  (Read 2776 times)

Alright. So anyone with a Mac running OS X Snow Leopard or Lion (Users with App Store) are probably excited about Apple's new OS X Mountain Lion.

But. Whos side are they on? Ours for helping us. Or just the money. I soon realized after reading about Apples new Update that it only works for the following.

OS X v10.6.8 or later

AirDrop
MacBook Pro (Late 2008 or newer)
MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 or newer)
iMac (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2009 with AirPort Extreme card, or Mid 2010)

AirPlay Mirroring
iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)

Supported Models For the Update Itself

iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)

So basicly that means. Anyone that bought a computer BEFORE those Makes that still work perfectly fine. WILL NOT work with half of Mountain Lions features.

Heres some Pictures of the Update Info and some Customer Reviews.

So. For the people with newer Macs like me.

This can be the best Update ever. But for the people that have older Macs or OS X. It might not be. So I just wanted to let the Mac using part of the community know about this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:07:53 PM by Glass² »

I use OS X Fluffy Kitten

I use Windows 7 Home Premium

:cookieMonster:

You mean to say Apple didn't tailor some features to products they most likely no longer sell? Blasphemy against the church is what this is!

This thread really isn't about Window Users. This is for Mac Users.. You guys probably dont take this seriously. But some people do.

You mean to say Apple didn't tailor some features to products they most likely no longer sell? Blasphemy against the church is what this is!
Point is. If you look in the Customer Reviews. Some people only have a 2YEAR old mac. And apple expects people to just go about and rebuy one.

Point is. If you look in the Customer Reviews. Some people only have a 2YEAR old mac. And apple expects people to just go about and rebuy one.
A business expects people to buy their newer up-to-date products? loving jack-asses!

A business expects people to buy their newer up-to-date products? loving jack-asses!
The most common biggest mistake in the technology world is buying an Apple product.

is this real
do they seriously name their stuff after wild cats

The most common biggest mistake in the technology world is buying an Apple product.
iPods are fine though.

is this real
do they seriously name their stuff after wild cats
they've been doing this for years now

why is it the least bit surprising that older computers are incompatible with newer OS's

OP seems confused by this concept lol

the cat's head in the circle looks hilariously out of place