Author Topic: Apple Users: Mountain Lion  (Read 2777 times)

is this real
do they seriously name their stuff after wild cats
is this real.
do windows actually name their stuff after a window

why is it the least bit surprising that older computers are incompatible with newer OS's

OP seems confused by this concept lol
I can see 2008 and lower models being Rejected But. Some people that JUST GOT a Mac not even a year ago doesn't even work with it. Thats what im trying to say.

is this real.
do windows actually name their stuff after a window

yes because literally using "windows" as files/folders/programs was an amazing UI advancement for computers in it's day. and the name brand stuck forever.

it says on the website:

Your Mac must be one of the following models:

iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)

and about the names,
10.0 - Cheetah
10.1 - Puma
10.2 - Jaguar
10.3 - Panther
10.4 - Tiger
10.5 - Leopard
10.6 - Snow Leopard
10.7 - Lion
10.8 - Mountain Lion

yes because literally using "windows" as files/folders/programs was an amazing UI advancement for computers in it's day. and the name brand stuck forever.
Either way. So what if they name stuff after a Wild Cat. Point is- You know what. WHy do i bother. PC users on this forum think their hot stuff. Well. Some people like Macs, And some people could have found this Thread Useful :/

it says on the website:

Your Mac must be one of the following models:

iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)

and about the names,
10.0 - Cheetah
10.1 - Puma
10.2 - Jaguar
10.3 - Panther
10.4 - Tiger
10.5 - Leopard
10.6 - Snow Leopard
10.7 - Lion
10.8 - Mountain Lion

Yes, For the actual Update itself. But the features inside.. A lot of the features are Mid 2011 and Early 2011  Higher.

Either way. So what if they name stuff after a Wild Cat. Point is- You know what. WHy do i bother. PC users on this forum think their hot stuff. Well. Some people like Macs, And some people could have found this Thread Useful :/

because we are hot stuff lol

if a new OS dosnt work on my comp, at least i can upgrade my comp lol.
mac users appear so helpless, they feel forced to buy more stuff from mac when they are forcibly outdated lol

>you love mac
> apple tells you that you are outdated
<you are shocked, but instantly accept the fact that the only option is to buy a new one
>apple laughs at you once again for being such a cow

I can see 2008 and lower models being Rejected But. Some people that JUST GOT a Mac not even a year ago doesn't even work with it. Thats what im trying to say.
You're going to have to deal with the issue. About a year ago my little sister broke my iPhone 4, so as a replacement for the next 4 or 5 months I had to use an iPhone 3G running on iOS 4 and it was a loving disaster. It just started lagging every 5 minutes. My point here is that if they did allow the new operating system to run on certain macs it would probably bug the stuff out of them and cause forget ups which would create even more for Apple themselves and then people like you would be complaining about how badly they work.

the only reason i want lion is so i can use RTB
i don't much care about the other stuff

You guys think Apples useless. Macs are not gaming computers. They are for other stuff. Yet, Apple is moving them forward to gaming to.

You guys think Apples useless. Macs are not gaming computers. They are for other stuff. Yet, Apple is moving them forward to gaming to.

as if the pc OS's cant do other stuff just as well, as they always have been able to

You're going to have to deal with the issue. About a year ago my little sister broke my iPhone 4, so as a replacement for the next 4 or 5 months I had to use an iPhone 3G running on iOS 4 and it was a loving disaster. It just started lagging every 5 minutes. My point here is that if they did allow the new operating system to run on certain macs it would probably bug the stuff out of them and cause forget ups which would create even more for Apple themselves and then people like you would be complaining about how badly they work.
My Computers fine with the Update. I posted this to warn other Apple users that might not have older Macs.

as if the pc OS's cant do other stuff just as well, as they always have been able to
Apples are commonly used for Graphic Design and stuff. Idk all uses but ik thats one.

Apples are commonly used for Graphic Design and stuff. Idk all uses but ik thats one.
Because Windows has no design programs what-so-ever.