Author Topic: I witnessed something sad  (Read 1865 times)

So me and mom were just watching TV when we heard a loud bang against the window. I saw it was a bird, so we went outside and there a little dove was struggling to get back up and also some kind of bird of prey sitting on top of it. Mom drove him off and told me to get gloves so she could help the dove. When I got back she said it had died. This made me feel bad. I wish I could have saved the poor thing. He also had a small wound on the inside of his wing. We buried him in our backyard just now.

I don't know, does anyone else feel sad when small animals like that die? (Excluding any of your pets because you have a bond with them so it's normal to feel sad I guess)

Sometimes birds that appear dead come back to life. You sick animals.

I pulled apart a caterpillar

I witnessed a man having a seizure at an air force base

I killed a guinea pig by accidentally breaking its neck by dropping it

I love birds of prey like the Falcon. They look so free and majestic. Anyway thats just nature. I almost shot a scrub jay for chasing two birds away from building there nest. Then I thought it wasn't my place to interfere. Anyway the two birds are still around, but just remember that everyone is trying to survive. No matter how evil it seems.

why would you shoo off a bird trying to eat another bird
that is what animals do
they eat each other
as far as you know, that bird of prey is dead now because that was the only thing he had been able to find for weeks to eat, and then starved all because you scared him away

that is what animals do
they eat each other
as far as you know, that bird of prey is dead now because that was the only thing he had been able to find for weeks to eat, and then starved all because you scared him away
This
Don't forget with mother nature, kids.

that is what animals do
they eat each other
I honestly don't care. He could probably eat grass that forgeter.

they are carnivores
it isn't just a preference, they are physically optimized for eating meat, and nothing else

Nature is wrong! Everything should eat tofu!

I thought I was the only one who got sad about those things.

Birds of prey are bad ass and they eat their prey while it's still alive they don't kill it before they start eating it so its prey is slowly picked to a painful death. Kind of sucks if you get a small dog taken by a hawk or eagle though and you have to have the thought in your head of your poor little dog being slowly picked to death over the course of hours.

once my dog was killing this baby raccoon by shaking it around and stuff, and i was all "woah stop man" and my dog is all "ok" and drops the raccoon which is like, half dead and stuff and then i was all "aw, thats too bad" and went and got a shovel and hit it over the head and then it died and now i just let my dog kill the animals because she seems to know what shes doing anyways.

but i cant really say i get sad over animals dying

that is what animals do
they eat each other
if he was that hungry, he wouldn't have been SCARED away

they are carnivores
it isn't just a preference, they are physically optimized for eating meat, and nothing else
Well stuff...

if he was that hungry, he wouldn't have been SCARED away
you'd be surprised
most animals are pretty scared of us humans