The Sandwich (mega)Thread

Author Topic: The Sandwich (mega)Thread  (Read 4084 times)

-need cool sandwich logo-

Introduction

I love sandwiches.
America loves sandwiches.
The world loves sandwiches.

So I always wondered to myself, why isn't there a sandwich thread yet?
Well I guess now there is.

Where did sandwiches come from?

That's a good question.
The first form of sandwich is attributed to the ancient Jewish sage Hillel the Elder, who is said to have put meat from the Paschal lamb and bitter herbs inside matzo (or flat,unleavened bread) during Passover. The filling between the matzos served as a reminder to Israelites of their forced labor constructing Egyptian buildings.

The first written usage of the English word appeared in Edward Gibbon's journal, in longhand, referring to "bits of cold meat" as a 'Sandwich'. It was named after John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, an 18th-century English aristocrat, although he was neither the inventor nor sustainer of the food. It is said that Lord Sandwich was fond of this form of food because it allowed him to continue playing cards, particularly cribbage, while eating without getting his cards greasy from eating meat with his bare hands.

Sandwich Famous Businesses

Subway

The classic "sub" sandwich

Chick Fil A

The classic "chicken" sandwich

Jack In The Box

The classic "breakfast" sandwich

If you think of any of sandwich businesses feel free to post them, I may add it to the OP.

How does Nobot make his sandwich?

That's a very good question my boy.

Here are the brands I use.

Butter Krust Extra Thin Bread

Kraft Mayo (with Olive Oil) (gotta stay healthy)

HEB Lower Sodium Turkey Breast

I also use pickles

Best Maid Hamburger Slices

Lastly, I use mozarella cheese

Post how you feel about sandwiches and what brands you use.

Sandwhich's are nomnomnom, but I prefer Blimpie over Subway. Mmmmmm.

subway pizza sub toasted

that is all.

I hate cigarettes who eat sandwiches with all sorts of stuff like meat balls and pork skin

Bro, I'm a grilled cheese sandwich pro

Take bread, butter the outside of said bread, make a special sauce consisting of one part mayo, one part green chili salsa, one part dijon mustard, spread that on the inside of bread

two slices of american cheese, with dubliner Irish cheddar and jalapeño mozzarella in the middle. Add two slices of bacon between dubliner and mozzarella, fry in pan.

I'll post pictures in a sec

Take bread, butter the outside of said bread, make a special sauce consisting of one part mayo, one part green chili salsa, one part dijon mustard, spread that on the inside of bread

two slices of american cheese, with dubliner Irish cheddar and jalapeño mozzarella in the middle. Add two slices of bacon between dubliner and mozzarella, fry in pan.

holy stuff man teach me your sandwich skills

how tha forget can you eat that?

holy stuff man teach me your sandwich skills
Yes, young one. I shall post photos in a bit, I'm making one now

how tha forget can you eat that?

with my mouth

Where is Togos
that place has the best sandwiches

where's mcdonalds
best sandwiches 2012

where's mcdonalds
best sandwiches 2012
no bich

ME

PICTURE TIEM

Everything you need

speshul soss pre-mixing

speshul soss post-mixing

add american cheese, irish cheddar and mozzarella

add bacon, close sandwich and start frying bro

NOM.

wait
how is it "grilled" cheese if its fried?