Poll

What is your favorite type of terraining?

Basic Cubescaping
60 (27.4%)
Unaligned Cubescaping
27 (12.3%)
Normal Brickscaping
39 (17.8%)
Rampscaping
12 (5.5%)
Platescaping
17 (7.8%)
Mix
64 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 219

Author Topic: ██ Terraining - How-To Guide ██ Updated 3/20/13 - Rampscaping  (Read 36417 times)

What would you guy's say about this little piece of land? it's so small, but that's because i'm going to plop a huge plot of land down behind it. i'd give you the map i'm working off of but that'll spoil it.
A good example of simple cubescaping. I like it.

im still indecisive about what kind of terrain i want frozen peak to have.
right now its mostly cubescape but it has been mixed in with regular bricks to give more detail

Cubescape+Brickscape=lol
 it's the last thing i did, but i started from scratch and made it bigger

I'd remove the grass that is only a plate above the water.  Other than that, it looks nice

i was debating on doing that, but a lot of them only reach to the water and it looks really choppy up close. i could try it though.

That reminds me, I never discussed underwater terrain.

Normally what'll happen with beaches is that they'll slope down into the water at that light angle, then reach a flat area, then drop elevation like a cliff. That's pretty far out to sea though, so using this following picture as a guide is probably more ideal.

On your terrain, Kade, I'll give it a 40/50. I can definitely see a personal style, the use of "largescale" terrain punctuated by small details, with a preference for flat levels. I'd do some work on defining beaches or sides of the island; right now it looks like you just set water to intersect a small hilll.

One does not simply 'quit' the blockland forums.

One does not simply 'quit' the blockland forums.
but one can quit the game

QFT. I'll be only commenting on terrain topics or related, though.

but one can quit the game

QFT. I'll be only commenting on terrain topics or related, though.
"Mysterious Commenter Perk Gained"

'Have you're own personal guardian critic come to your aid!'

On your terrain, Kade, I'll give it a 40/50. I can definitely see a personal style, the use of "largescale" terrain punctuated by small details, with a preference for flat levels. I'd do some work on defining beaches or sides of the island; right now it looks like you just set water to intersect a small hilll.
Thank you! this is my first time doing terrain and i kind of took little tips from this thread to do it. i will definitely do that.

One HUGE tip is to be as random as possible.
If it's not random, it'll just look man-made, and ugly.

Also, you can check out examples of cubescaping on my block party server, since Badspot shut his down.
But if you've ever been Badspot's, you know what I mean.
JOIN SERVER

Clone, do you have those bricks that OP suggested?

Clone, do you have those bricks that OP suggested?
I don't know, why?

they make terraining more fun c: and it allows for a little more detail. i'm on your server right now, if anything would make it more fun is those bricks. it makes terrain pretty :D

One HUGE tip is to be as random as possible.
If it's not random, it'll just look man-made, and ugly.
That's not necessarily true. If you're going for an extremely craggy terrain this is correct, but for smoother hills stick with randomly "generated" large scale curves.