Author Topic: I made a short RPG game.  (Read 2194 times)

Pre-Notice:  I made this using RPG Maker VX Ace.

Download

It's a mediafire link, so prepare for ads and the like to caress your eyeballs with painful colors.

It's rather short, so if you do download it (It's roughly 200mb), tell me what you think.

Some notes to consider:
     The game relies on old RPG tactics.  
     -     For example:  If you have a combat only heal, guarding and healing in a fight against a weak monster is optimal.
     -     Also, grinding some levels before fighting a boss may help you succeed... more.

The game can be difficult, but it was made as an example for a friend to figure out the program which is fun to toy with.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:59:52 PM by Jerkface »

did you try out the cool character creator?

did you try out the cool character creator?

I'm making a larger game where I'm using it.  It's neat, but they all face forward while the defaults face to the side.

Also, only 10% of the possible faces are normal looking.  Most of them are ugly as all hell.

there's also a difference in shading and stuff

Lol, the game was unbeatable due to a graphical error that happens RIGHT AFTER you beat the final boss. 

Imagine that, you beat the boss and you get an error.  "forget MY LIIIIFE"

I don't think a man that old would be saying "OK, here's the deal"

please for the love of god use a rar file instead of the raw EXE

please

it will save downloders a bunch of time

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6MptWFW2dA

i made a video for you of a speedrun of the game!

btw i spent half that video trying to remember the japanese characters for idiot

please for the love of god use a rar file instead of the raw EXE

please

it will save downloders a bunch of time

RPG Maker compresses the file for me.  It's roughly the smallest size it can be, minus my laziness in leaving all the sounds, pictures and other stuff in the folder that I didn't use in the actual game.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6MptWFW2dA

i made a video for you of a speedrun of the game!

btw i spent half that video trying to remember the japanese characters for idiot

I love how you know the "Japanese characters for idiot", but didn't realize that there was an option at the bottom that allows you to switch to English lettering.

Uhg, playing games with the same mindset as Pokemon ruins the fun.

the "switch to english" option wasnt in english.. so i didnt even know it was there

A role play game game
Sure!

A role play game game
Sure!

Not sure why I feel the need to defend myself, but:

"RPG" can be used as a category, thus the category was followed by the fact that I wanted you to know that this is indeed a game, and not a book - or something else - that this genre can be associated with.

If I posted "I made a short RPG" as a title, you may think that I was talking about something that has to do with Blockland itself, seeing as this is the Blockland Forums.  People have built Blockland RPGs, which would be titled:

"I made a short RPG build" or something along those lines, indicating that the person/people made a build, and evented it to resemble some sort of Role-Play setup.

...Just thought I'd clarify.

When I hear the word RPG i think of this: