Author Topic: SWTOR going "Free-To-Play"  (Read 2505 times)

This f2p system is the result of a dying company floundering around buying it's own stocks and thinking of ways to get more popularity so it can dig itself out of the stuffter.
I was referring to EA specifically. I agree the ftp model when done right is really successful.
ea isn't a dying company lol..? you might not like them but that doesnt change the facts

EA isn't a dying company but SWTOR is a dying game.

Actually, EA kind of is.

ea isn't a dying company lol..? you might not like them but that doesnt change the facts

Sorry to bump this from the grave, but yes it is dying. It's buying up its own stocks so it can stay afloat.

:cookie:

Actually, EA kind of is.

By saying ea is dying you're saying they are losing too much money
haha no

By saying ea is dying you're saying they are losing too much money
haha no

Look up you biodrone piece of trash

what?

They are hemorrhaging money. They are literally buying their own stocks so they stay in control of themselves. That ALWAYS causes companies to go bankrupt. Then rip EA doomed to sink.

all f2p gimmicks are handicapped and monthly fees are even more handicapped then that.

How are monthly fees handicapped? You know maintaining Blizzard's servers cost $70,000 a day? And the costs of keeping a huge dev team rolling out new content constantly. Monthly fees are by far the best option for me I don't want to deal with crappy cash shops and I don't want a game that can't afford to stay in business.

everyone knows it's free to make a game silly!

and i'm sure in those workers hearts, they aren't doing it for the money!  they are doing it because they just love making people happy for a living.  making money is obviously over rated, i mean come on!

They are hemorrhaging money. They are literally buying their own stocks so they stay in control of themselves. That ALWAYS causes companies to go bankrupt. Then rip EA doomed to sink.
Its good that EA is finally dying out, then all the other game companies that it has bought over the years can be rebooted and start making games of their own liking again.

Rumor has it that EA is up for sale.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:55:26 PM by Harm94 »

Its good that EA is finally dying out, then all the other game companies that it has bought over the years can be rebooted and start making games of their own liking again.

EA isn't as bad (but does come close to) as Activision.

EA isn't as bad (but does come close to) as Activision.

daily reminder