Author Topic: 2012/08/09 - Shader Update Released  (Read 166381 times)

So sad that i can only run on medium.
ALl the other settings are on high, but if i put the shaders quality on high, my FPS drops dramatically.
On medium it is similar to how my FPS normally is though.

I just installed the update and now I can't play because it crashes on startup :c

I just installed the update and now I can't play because it crashes on startup :c
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=203576.135

you and a million others
also don't say that too loud because night fox will get real angry!!11

The tradeoff? No more custom maps. Why the forget was that removed anyways?

it looked like stuff and didn't work with shaders and shadows.

Lighting Issues.

it came out on the 9th
Depending on what timezone you were in.

It made the coding more complicated.

At least more people will be forced to actually build now instead of jetting around in ugly terrain maps. I've heard some guy on the youtube comments say "now i can't even normally play blockland anymore, this update can't happen! all i ever do is explore terrain maps, and you're really going to take that away from me, badspot? stop this update!"

Lighting Issues.
So.. instead of fixing the problem, remove it? That makes no sense at all.

Besides who cares if shading doesnt work on custom maps, its not like shaders are a required option, theyre off by default ffs

So.. instead of fixing the problem, remove it? That makes no sense at all.

Besides who cares if shading doesnt work on custom maps, its not like shaders are a required option, theyre off by default ffs

It made the coding more complicated.

At least more people will be forced to actually build now instead of jetting around in ugly terrain maps. I've heard some guy on the youtube comments say "now i can't even normally play blockland anymore, this update can't happen! all i ever do is explore terrain maps, and you're really going to take that away from me, badspot? stop this update!"
one of the main reasons why vehicle collision is so poor is because of terrains

Depending on what timezone you were in.
But in badspot's time, it was the 9th.