Author Topic: Shadows don't work prior to factory resetting my computer (not videocard)  (Read 1032 times)

I factory resetted my computer last night (Which I suggest all you research saving slowbacks to do)
 There was an amazing amount of improvement on it, like my internet which was bumped up like two letter grades from D- and I even think an F+

That and I can now play Blockland with all of my settings on Best, which is a shocker for me. But I'm still unable to view shadows.
 I'm certain it's not a video card thing because before I factory resetted my computer shadows worked, or worked as well as 5FPS could get me.
So with that, I'm assuming I either deleted something that I had before the factory reset that now tinkered with my new blockland that I installed today, or my computer kicked out something. Graphical Specs just in case you're insisting it's graphic card issue.

Decided to copy my DirectX also in case that could be an issue also. I can probably go into the Nvidia settings and see if that would do anything, but please inform me on anything I should do to fix the shadows. I'm pretty certain once I get them working I can actually run shadows on high and enjoy blocklands beauty, unlike before.

Oh I don't know if this is helpful information or not but my avatar doesn't cast shadows neither. I was thinking avatar shadows would be different than brick shadows since we've had avatar shadows first so, but they both don't cast. neither do vehicles.

Oh I don't know if this is helpful information or not but my avatar doesn't cast shadows neither. I was thinking avatar shadows would be different than brick shadows since we've had avatar shadows first so, but they both don't cast. neither do vehicles.
Perhaps the reset got rid of a driver that allowed your card to run shaders?

Perhaps the reset got rid of a driver that allowed your card to run shaders?
Could be. Is there a way to fix that? also what is the default display driver for Blockland? right now mine is OpenGL, but I think I remember it being something else before..

Could be. Is there a way to fix that? also what is the default display driver for Blockland? right now mine is OpenGL, but I think I remember it being something else before..
I don't think you can use something other than OpenGL. You can go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers to update your drivers. If the autodetect doesn't work, yours is part of the GeForce 8 series (if you didn't already know).

I don't think you can use something other than OpenGL. You can go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers to update your drivers. If the autodetect doesn't work, yours is part of the GeForce 8 series (if you didn't already know).
I got myself downloading a GeForce 8200 driver, hopefully this will be it. downloading now..

Yep. Got it to work, thanks for the update.
Although shadows create a lot of lag, I'd have to play on servers with shadows off for me to be able to run fast. hm.
 Thanks for the help, i'll see if I can get around it somehow.