Playing animations

Author Topic: Playing animations  (Read 764 times)

Does anybody have any idea how to play a weapon's animation in a script? I exported the animation in Milkshape as 'drumReplace'. I think you use %obj.playThread([number], [animation name]);. Do you have to make a sequence for it in teh weapon image (OMG, I don't know how to make sequences, so please give me a lot of help on this)?
And what does the [number] do? I want drumReplace to play when the weapon is out of ammo. That's all. I don't want to use Support_AmmoGuns.cs because I've tried to use this for hours and it just frustrates and confuses the hell out of me. It simply just reloads when out of ammo.

The number is what's called the thread slot. Different animations can be called on different slots without cancelling each other out, but if you play two on the same slot, the second one you call overwrites the first.

As for how to make a weapon have a sequence, that I don't really know. You could look at a gun with reloading and try to figure it out, but beyond that I can't help.

Weapon animations are purely done in the states. I will not teach you how to use the states, because they are relatively straight forward. But to call an animation on the weapon you must use stateSequence
  • = "animName";