Author Topic: Merging Code - Custom Shaders  (Read 11761 times)

I honestly tried, but I'm not even sure which topic it was said that support for implementing your own shaders in a non-hackish way was stated.  But I remember somewhere, Badspot or kompressor mentioned we would have a way of implementing our own custom shaders. I don't think they meant in the hackish ways we do now...

What about a GUI with sliders and other stuff like that?

What about a GUI with sliders and other stuff like that?
That is possible, but as far as I know, you would need a button to apply your changes.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:53:02 AM by Scars75 »

You wouldn't need a button - the real problem is... I'm still not sure how quality works. I just haven't checked to figure out how quality interacts with the actual code, there doesn't seem to be (many?) defined points where the quality literally effects it...

Someone explain it to me. I could assume it just automatically applies intensity type settings to whatever the shaders want, but...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:41:46 AM by MegaScientifical »

It's in common.glsl
uniform int shadowSplitCount;

Not 100% sure.

Edit: Can't be right. That only goes up to 4.

You wouldn't need a button - the real problem is... I'm still not sure how quality works. I just haven't checked to figure out how quality interacts with the actual code, there doesn't seem to be (many?) defined points where the quality literally effects it...

Someone explain it to me. I could assume it just automatically applies intensity type settings to whatever the shaders want, but...
Most of the shader code is probably handled completely by the C++ code and currently isn't scriptable. I'm guessing the quality setting function changes some variables in the C++ that are then fed into the shaders through uniforms. I'm guessing some of the shadow code is actually in the render code itself and not in the shaders, so some of the quality stuff is probably controlled from there is well.

So we're waiting on shaders until they're finalized?

So we're waiting on shaders until they're finalized?
Well I've just been too lazy to make my shader effects script.

Tried to make a sepia shader, didn't turn out too well.
You sure?