Author Topic: 5 "Standard Player" 's?  (Read 1454 times)

Yes, you heard me correctly, in my minigame player-type list I have 5 standard player entries.
I have never installed any addons that involve messing with player datablocks.
However, I have been on servers that have had multiple standard players, and I wonder why I have them.
I have had this problem for a while now, but I finally decided to ask:
HOW DO I GET RID OF THESE?!?!?!?!?!?!
Attached is a pic of the damage.

Alot of mods make new player datablocks

Hmm... I went and ran my blockland with all of my addons disabled, (renamed ADD_ON_LIST.cs to something else, didn't check any boxes in add-ons gui)
and I had only 1 standard player.
I think I may have just solved my own problem, lol.
But still, post solutions because my own may not work...

Badspot

• Administrator
People make new player datablocks for their add-ons but don't bother to change the uiName.

People make new player datablocks for their add-ons but don't bother to change the uiName.
I ran a search in Notepad++ for "datablock PlayerData" for all .cs files in my addons folder, and it's subfolders.
I get 10 hits, in 8 scripts.
6 of the 8 are the "free" player scripts, including the horse.
The other 2:
Item_Parachute.cs:
Code: [Select]
datablock PlayerData(PlayerParachute : PlayerStandardArmor)
{
canJet = 0;
drag = 4;
airControl = 1;
};
Script_Botwar.cs: (aloshi's bot war mod, renamed file)
datablock PlayerData(FastBot : PlayerStandardArmor)
{
canJet = 0;
maxforwardspeed = 14;
maxbackwardspeed = 12;
maxsidespeed = 12;
};

datablock PlayerData(SlowBot : PlayerStandardArmor)
{
canJet = 0;
maxforwardspeed = 3.5;
maxbackwardspeed = 3;
maxsidespeed = 3;
maxDamage = 500;
};
// bunch of other stuff here
datablock PlayerData(DoomBot : PlayerStandardArmor)
{
canJet = 0;
maxforwardspeed = 14;
maxbackwardspeed = 12;
maxsidespeed = 12;
maxDamage = 5000;

};
Unless there is another way to define a player type besides creating a datablock with a type of PlayerData, it doesn't seem to be in my addons, and yet it is...
Wonder what's wrong...

Since those datablocks inherit data from the standard player, the variable "uiname = blah;" gets transfered also. To make them not show up in the minigame GUI, you need to make it so uiname = ""; in the new datablocks.

Yep, I managed to solve my own problem.
I slapped myself in the face after I thought of disabling those specific addons.
I actually ended up disabling the wrong addons, and I ended up with 4 standard players.
I then got the idea to start a minigame with one of the weird standard players, and then observe myself in the mission editor.
Know what I found?
In the misc > datablock field (having my player selected) I found SlowBot in the box. Different one? FastBot. The 3rd one was the normal player, and the last one was good ol' DoomBot.

I now understand to change the uiName's in those files I mentioned earlier, but is there a way to make them not show up in the list, besides commenting them out/deleting or something?

I now understand to change the uiName's in those files I mentioned earlier, but is there a way to make them not show up in the list, besides commenting them out/deleting or something?
Lol, I figured out how to do that too.
//within a player datablock:
uiName = "";
And that hides it.
Thanks everyone.
*Locks*