Shaders darken the room

Author Topic: Shaders darken the room  (Read 550 times)

It's really annoying, and adding lights doesn't help.

how it should look before v21 (with shaders off v21)

how it looks with shaders max:

with bright light brick + shaders, it looks awkward.

with ajusting the shadow color (notice how it's all bleached out instead of being lit like pic1 is).

If anyone can find a workaround for this, please let me know. To test, just switch between shaders of and shaders on max in a similar colored room. It's annoying because I want players with or without shaders to see similar things, minus the shadow effect (but since the roof CASTS a shadow, lights don't really help, and light doesn't fill....). Since shaders aren't forced and many people cannot run them, it is truly a problem when i try to make things looks right for both players.

also, i currently like the look of pic1 the best, and i am trying to replicate it FOR shaders (it looks better without shaders on, i want the coloring to match with them on)

I was really looking forward to the update. I know they worked hard and this is a pretty big upgrade from v20. But I am a bit disappointed. The shadows aren't as nice looking as I had hoped, the game itself is extremely buggy, and there's things like this that still need some tweaking. :/

I don't seem to be having this problem or i'm blatantly missing it.

I don't seem to be having this problem or i'm blatantly missing it.
max shaders:

no shaders:

it looks awesome when light goes through windows, but the light doesn't fill the room like real lighting would. that is the problem with trying to simulate lighting effects.

Increase ambient lighting
Make shadow color lighter

i will try that. my problems isn't with how it looks because i can adjust that. it's with how drastic of a difference no shaders and max shaders is (duh). when i attempt to create an atmosphere in a build, those without the shaders don't get a close feel for what it should be like