Author Topic: Why do you all think that Alienware is overpriced?  (Read 1345 times)

For those that are unexperienced with custom selecting parts. ( I was back when I bought mine)
Alienware is a easy alternative. Not everyone purchasing a computer is a loving genius when it comes to tech.
For $600 I got a decent computer that can run all the games I want.

Stop being lazy? It takes an hour max to research on what parts do and then another few hours figuring out how to build a computer and such.
Honestly you're just wastin $200 on the fact you're too lazy to research figure out how computer parts work and such,

Computer I built was almost 2/3's the price of one of Alienwares best products, and the specs were almost the same.

so uh does anyone else other than me know absolutely nothing about building computers

It's really not, actually. I got a $699 desktop, and I could run any of my games without lag on the highest graphics. It was their cheapest and smallest computer.

You didn't post specs so you didn't prove anything.

Here are some reasons people say alienware is overpriced:
1. A custom built computer will ALWAYS be cheaper for the same specs guaranteed
2. There are other sites that prebuild computers that will do it cheaper also for the same specs
3. Like most prebuilt computer companies they always give you 50 gigs of ram and a quad core billion ghz processor and then give you a $100 GPU(the most important thing for gaming)
4. They are

My iBUYPOWER Gamer Fire 580 costed only $750 and is totally beast.

My iBUYPOWER Gamer Fire 580 costed only $750 and is totally beast.

>"tech freak"
>prebuilt computer as main

forget you mang

>"tech freak"
>prebuilt computer as main

forget you mang

There are a lot of people that know how to click a .exe to install their games and consider themselves technologically savvy

i like how the logic of building a car part by part isnt the same. it would cost far more to buy every individual piece then just the brand new whole car.

we got the long end of the stick for the computer hobbyist

so uh does anyone else other than me know absolutely nothing about building computers
Same. I can't tell which parts are better or why besides BIG NUMBERS WOWE