Author Topic: Why do you all think that Alienware is overpriced?  (Read 1342 times)

It's really not, actually. I got a $699 desktop, and I could run any of my games without lag on the highest graphics. It was their cheapest and smallest computer.

For me the biggest issue I have is that Dell owns them. Dell has a history of subpar products and painfully impossible customer service.

They're sort of like the Apple products of PCs. It's advertised as the best brand you could have for gaming, when the truth is, the most expensive part is the case. Everything else you could piece together for probably half the price, if you decided to build your own.

It was their cheapest and smallest computer.
Exactly, lol.

They're sort of like the Apple products of PCs. It's advertised as the best brand you could have for gaming, when the truth is, the most expensive part is the case. Everything else you could piece together for probably half the price, if you decided to build your own.
Illidan! You still exist! (This is Colten)

Their laptops are way overly priced. Sure it would be cool to have a different colored light up keyboard and a logo and your name carved in "alien"  but thats were all the extra money is going. My gaming laptop was $1400 and still runs new games after a year and a half. Alienware brand is much more expensive as mine but with the same or less than specs.

You pay for the name; if you want a good gaming computer for a lower price, your best bet is building one yourself.

700 is cheap yes. but that same 700 you spent on alienware hardware would prob be 5-600 on random custom.

700 dollars dosnt apply to all hardware that exists lol. you gotta compare the same specs to another brand you dumb

40,000 it adds up for me to get the best custom PC they can give you. thats bullstuff.

because ive swen people say it is overpricesd so it is

40,000 it adds up for me to get the best custom PC they can give you. thats bullstuff.

still worse than a $40,000 build-your-own

also custom =/= choose some parts on a prebuilt

It's not. Plain and simple.

It's not. Plain and simple.

yes it is
are you dumb
Get the parts of each model on a site like newegg and compare it to their prices.

-snip-
For those that are unexperienced with custom selecting parts. ( I was back when I bought mine)
Alienware is a easy alternative. Not everyone purchasing a computer is a loving genius when it comes to tech.
For $600 I got a decent computer that can run all the games I want.

you don't have to be smart to make a custom computer

essentially, clip clip screw screw screw f11 done