Author Topic: Blocklands lighting add-ons; shaders and without  (Read 2255 times)

Shaders; with light

Shaders; without light

Shaders: off; with light

Shaders: off; without light

When the shaders are on, and there is a light, its WAY too bright

When the shaders are on, they turn the already bright environments of the build into a blank, bright mess

Environmental changes don't exactly help either

when the shaders are on, the brick textures are darker than the used to, so the light brightness sticks out like a sore thumb

the sun seems to fit the new shader system perfectly
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:50:35 PM by Conservative »

You're using the bright light in those. Brightness is 15 compared to the other lights, which is 9. Try the other lights, see how it looks. If it's still really washed out, maybe we could cut the brightness down to 6, maybe that will look better.

How do you get lights to work with shaders on?
I've had this issue since the update came out.

And having to change the shadows color to bright doesn't exactly help the problem.
And I don't want my builds to look ugly with very bright shadows or not shadows whatsoever.

You're using the bright light in those. Brightness is 15 compared to the other lights, which is 9. Try the other lights, see how it looks. If it's still really washed out, maybe we could cut the brightness down to 6, maybe that will look better.
You can put 1 players light inside a room with the size of 8x12 and it would look good, but putting more than 1 piles up and gets a bit too bright WITHOUT shaders

even in this one, look at the stairs, thats using just the players light

actually, if lights casted shadows, that wouldn't be a problem

older picture taken without shaders on; accidental
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:47:55 PM by Conservative »

Holy crap that's crazy.

Maybe editing the brightness to 6 or 4.5 would be better?

You should put this in the bug section in the dev topic. I'm sure that Badspot would do something about it.

Also, you're friends with Eksi, Conservative? And also, are you actually Conservative, Conservative?

Why? It isn't a bug. It's simply bad design and effects. It will probably look better if the light's brightness was lowered.

Why? It isn't a bug. It's simply bad design and effects. It will probably look better if the light's brightness was lowered.
True. Perhaps he'll refine it in later versions as this is his first time implementing it.

You should put this in the bug section in the dev topic. I'm sure that Badspot would do something about it.

Also, you're friends with Eksi, Conservative? And also, are you actually Conservative, Conservative?
I am siba ingame

I think I get why its done

see, as an environment gets darker, the brick textures start to fade

but the darkness of an environment is just a dark light getting brighter

the brick textures treat the normal lights the same, and get less noticeable when under the effects of one

when it should get more noticeable

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:38:35 PM by Conservative »

So you do a comparison on everything except what you're pointing out as a problem?

How did you get lights to work with shaders on?
I've had this issue since the update came out.

And having to change the shadows color to bright doesn't exactly help the problem.
And I don't want my builds to look ugly with very bright shadows or not shadows whatsoever.
I really want to know this, especially since my TDM Beta is out, I need to see how well it will work with the Day/Night Cycle.

If not then I guess I'll just wait till it gets fixed. :/