Author Topic: Comparing forced AA to not forced AA  (Read 2143 times)

And if you look at the images you see "no forced AA", as in "no AA was forced" and thus none was used
Oh yeah, you're right. I would have named the thread "Comparing forced AA to no AA".

While we're on the topic is the really even a difference between native AA (as in something in the game settings) and forced AA?

Am I the only one who can't see any differences? I don't get what i'm supposed to be looking at. The pictures look the same to me.

Am I the only one who can't see any differences? I don't get what i'm supposed to be looking at. The pictures look the same to me.
look at the edges

It smooths out this:
_
 |_
    |_

To something more like this:
\
 \
  \

You can force AA with nvidia control panel.

It smooths out this:
_
 |_
    |_

To something more like this:
\
 \
  \
but where?

but where?
On the actual pixels of the screen. Look at the edges of those yellow 1x1f rounds.

I do not see the difference no matter how hard I look at it or how I look at it.

You can force AA with nvidia control panel.
Any way for those without nvidia or is the kind of thing where you just have to shut up or buy it?

I do not see the difference no matter how hard I look at it or how I look at it.
For those who absolutely can't see it:

For those who absolutely can't see it:

It appears I need new glasses, no difference still. Explain what I am looking at.

The non-forced AA has very jagged edges on the bricks while the forced AA has smoother edges.

Indeed but OP claims he did "not forced AA". How? Blockland has no AA natively.

that would be normal blockland (without AA)
there are before and after pics lol

It appears I need new glasses, no difference still. Explain what I am looking at.
yeah lots of gamers dont notice that stuff.
but then some super nerds like me who collect high end hardware and play on very large monitors, i make it my business to notice every little graphic detail.

nowadays i refuse to even play blockland without at least x4 anti aliasing. it just makes the game look twice as good. and my head explodes without it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:47:45 AM by Bisjac »

Oh dear. This is going to turn into another MegaShot thread where people say they can't see the difference.