2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701

Author Topic: 2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701  (Read 35938 times)

Depends, does saveEnvironment(); export the current settings during a day cycle or no?
The daycycle is based on the simtime or something like that.

Also pretty sure it saves all the settings it shows in the GUI.

Alright, thanks.

Also pretty sure it saves all the settings it shows in the GUI.

I'll be back in a minute.

I don't know for sure though. Don't quote me on it. lol

Nope, doesn't save the current colors when the day cycle is enabled. Just the basic ones.

What I meant is turn off daycycle and manually adjust the light settings until you get it where you like, then do saveEnvironment() and use those static prefs

What I'm trying to do is find the light settings at a certain fraction point in the day cycle. I could easily do this if there happens to be a function that echos the current fraction.

It's been stated multiple times, your graphics card not supporting a certain GLSL version is not a bug. That's your problem. Support will be added later when all the real bugs with the system are fixed.

So - it's a minor bug that raises the required specs of your PC to run shadows? amg confusion

It's not a bug. How are you not getting this?
Yes it does raise the required specifications.

But don't worry. Support for cards that do not carry GLSL v2.0 will most likely be added. It's just not a priority because it is not a bug. It's simply the downside to having an older video card.

I'm a bit stupid, does GLSL have anything to do with Pixel Shader? I know my GPU only has Pixel Shader 2 support.

I'm a bit stupid, does GLSL have anything to do with Pixel Shader? I know my GPU only has Pixel Shader 2 support.
Yes it does have to do with this.

audax

the exact time of day is calculated in function getDayCycleTime() in my mod

let me make a function for you that does what you're asking approximately

done. call this function with my event_Daycycles enabled

function getDayCycleFraction()
{
   %time = getDayCycleTime();

%length = DayCycle.dayLength;

%fraction = %time / %length;

echo("Current fraction of day:" SPC %fraction);
   return %fraction;
}

it's accurate to the second - not bragging, just letting you know that it's crap :/
to calculate how much time has passed inside of the current daycycle since dawn...
see getDayCycleTime() here: https://github.com/Tungul/Event_DayCycles/blob/master/timeSupport.cs
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:42:21 PM by Lugnut »

All hail another god damn glitch.

All I did was try to join a server from the website.

I somethimes wonder if the dev team for BL is sweating and pondering why they did not fully fix this update before releasing it.

I somethimes wonder if the dev team for BL is sweating and pondering why they did not fully fix this update before releasing it.
I'm surprised Badspot was able to test the Intel startup crash but didn't notice it before release.