Author Topic: 2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701  (Read 36078 times)

I recommend elevating the starting area far above the ground and have the groundplane serve as the
absolute bottom. 
Thats what I ended up doing - but then there is Always a hard lower limit to how far players can dig down.  Kinda defeats the whole "unlimited" part.

Also you should make unlimited mining into a game mode and release it.
yes I should.
.... Fix the "buried" issue and I will (or lend me the code and i'll fix it for you -- and still release mining).

Maybe the option for either groundless maps or the ground instead being treated as a ceiling? Or would that be an ass to incorporate into the code efficiently?

I somethimes wonder if the dev team for BL is sweating and pondering why they did not fully fix this update before releasing it.

probably because everybody was constantly yelling "OGM BADSPOT RELEASE IT"

So in the context of the Trench Digging mod, I had considered it a gamemode up to this point, but I probably can't anymore as gamemodes now have a static list of add-ons unless you edit the file within the zip. My best option is to probably leave it as an add-on for the custom gamemode since Trench Digging is most commonly accompanied by other add-ons ("trench warfare" servers). Should I leave the name as "Gamemode_TrenchDigging"? Or rename it?

For Slayer, Greek had the same issue.
However, he managed to make it work as gamemode (and still be able to select your accompanying add-ons).
Talk to him about it, maybe he can help you a bit out. ;)

For Slayer, Greek had the same issue.
However, he managed to make it work as gamemode (and still be able to select your accompanying add-ons).
Talk to him about it, maybe he can help you a bit out. ;)
Badspot said that the workaround Greek used will be patched

Please describe the error and post a console.log file.
I'm on a brand new copy of Blockland, so I don't think it's an add-on issue. Anyways, when I start a game, like freebuild, shaders simply don't appear. I'm also on an Intel card but none of the issues with Intel cards have involved this type of error.

^ Old and known not related to r1701 and not a big issue at all

Yay thank you badspot

My uncle left for a year and I was sad but you made my day

Im off to blaze and lolpaint
taim 2 fix shadows n shaders on intel
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:32:37 PM by SgtDaemon »

I think that I've found a bug.

When I join a server, I usually look for treasure chests.
I found all of them, and then I left the server for a few minutes.
When I got back on, the server didn't remember any of the treasure chest that I had found.
Please fix this.

P.S.  This was on my own dedicated server.

Meant to put this in the bugs topic.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:04:00 PM by Clone2 »

I think that I've found a bug.

When I join a server, I usually look for treasure chests.
I found all of them, and then I left the server for a few minutes.
When I got back on, the server didn't remember any of the treasure chest that I had found.
Please fix this.

P.S.  This was on my own dedicated server.

Meant to put this in the bugs topic.
You need to enable player persistence. not a bug

For some reason, bricks with 100% invisible paint still show up for me, when I have shaders enabled.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:19:42 PM by Planr »