2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701

Author Topic: 2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701  (Read 36061 times)

You're sure those weren't public bricks? It comes to mind that public bricks might not need to be counted, or should get their own brick count... Interesting.

You're sure those weren't public bricks? It comes to mind that public bricks might not need to be counted, or should get their own brick count... Interesting.
possiblity, but not currently how it works

What why are you all guessing randomly? It's because the server preview image and the brickcount are not recorded at the same moment in time. I'm pretty sure the preview takes about 10 minutes to render, while the brickcount is instantaneous.

Master server list is updated when a player joins, and on a regular basis of 5 minutes.

I also have a serious problem where blockland sometimes crashes when I try to save bricks. I can't seem to solve it and i've already had to rebuild the same part of a build i'm making 3 times because i crash when trying to save.

Is the new Gamemode system a replacement for slayer or what?

Is the new Gamemode system a replacement for slayer or what?
It was made to provide a consistent user experience or something like that, I can't find the quote.

Why are nearly all of my packages deactivated by default despite the fact that the console reports enabling them?

• JVS is glitching out (just bricks, assumes this is the same glitch)
  • As well as all of my client sided mods I need to reactivate manually. (Primary / Proven issue). Have not tested slayer or tdm to see if any of those packages have been disabled, but, this is starting to get annoying.

The package issue is really bugging me. Now I have over 100 users that are running an add-on that effectively does nothing, and the updater isn't working as the package for it to initialize isn't working. And even if I were to release an update, the functionality would be greatly hampered because I would not be able to use my RTB-workaround. Because disabling one package disables the entire add-on's packages.

Why are nearly all of my packages deactivated by default despite the fact that the console reports enabling them?

• JVS is glitching out (just bricks, assumes this is the same glitch)
  • As well as all of my client sided mods I need to reactivate manually. (Primary / Proven issue). Have not tested slayer or tdm to see if any of those packages have been disabled, but, this is starting to get annoying.
Download Badspot's JVS fix, that was what was causing the issue.

Why when i type dumpActivePackages(); all of those packages completely forget up.

Here's a fun glitch:
Step 1: aquire brick (color: preferably white)
Step 2: aquire window, place infront of brick
Step 3: paint brick blink FK
Step 4: look through window brick
The white brick dissapears! (And the faces of the bricks it are touching)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:39:15 PM by HellHound »

Here's a fun glitch:
Step 1: aquire brick (color: preferably white)
Step 2: aquire window, place infront of brick
Step 3: paint brick blink FK
Step 4: look through window brick
The white brick dissapears! (And the faces of the bricks it are touching)
Step 2: Acquire any brick with transparency, place in front of first brick.
Step 3: Paint brick with any fx can besides glow.

The tutorial is missing a few points.

we need a good graphics card? Have fun spending 40-300 dollars on one.