Author Topic: 2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701  (Read 36072 times)

we need a good graphics card? Have fun spending 40-300 dollars on one.
you literally need a graphics card, as long as it's from this decade you should be fine.

we need a good graphics card? Have fun spending 40-300 dollars on one.
i do have fun spending lots of money on em'. means i can enjoy HD games :)

Is kompressor properly forcing a version of GLSL above 1.20 to be used on the Mac version?
EDIT: I read the post and you responded, saying that Intel embedded GMA chips do not support GLSL above 1.20. The current problem is that the dedicated graphics card needs to be forced to run, if it is available.

There is a help report that the AMD Radeon 6630M, which is on current model Mac Minis, currently does not work with shadows and shaders.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:45:46 PM by Axolotl »

Is kompressor properly forcing a version of GLSL above 1.20 to be used on the Mac version?
EDIT: I read the post and you responded, saying that Intel embedded GMA chips do not support GLSL above 1.20. The current problem is that the dedicated graphics card needs to be forced to run, if it is available.

There is a help report that the AMD Radeon 6630M, which is on current model Mac Minis, currently does not work with shadows and shaders.
This has to do with Apple's drivers not supporting the openGL extension texture3D. Someone posted a possible workaround for Badspot earlier in the bugs thread, but didn't get a response from him.
I hope more information is released about this.

This has to do with Apple's drivers not supporting the openGL extension texture3D. Someone posted a possible workaround for Badspot earlier in the bugs thread, but didn't get a response from him.
I hope more information is released about this.
Link to the work around. I'd like to read it.
EDIT
Found it. The fix! Badspot, please do this :(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:53:35 PM by Brian Smithers »

Badspot

• Administrator
Thats what I ended up doing - but then there is Always a hard lower limit to how far players can dig down.  Kinda defeats the whole "unlimited" part.

Except there already is a limit because of the brick limit.  Using 4x cubes as the only bricks, it requires at least 4 bricks to go down 2 world units.  That means that even if all 256,000 bricks were used to make a narrow tube straight down, you couldn't go more than 128,000 world units down.  So there's your limit.  (Incidentally it would take more than 10 minutes to fall this distance).

The package issue is really bugging me. Now I have over 100 users that are running an add-on that effectively does nothing, and the updater isn't working as the package for it to initialize isn't working. And even if I were to release an update, the functionality would be greatly hampered because I would not be able to use my RTB-workaround. Because disabling one package disables the entire add-on's packages.
Badspot, can you at least acknowledge you've read this?

Except there already is a limit because of the brick limit.  Using 4x cubes as the only bricks, it requires at least 4 bricks to go down 2 world units.  That means that even if all 256,000 bricks were used to make a narrow tube straight down, you couldn't go more than 128,000 world units down.  So there's your limit.  (Incidentally it would take more than 10 minutes to fall this distance).
Now that Interiors and Terrain is gone, is there any future plans on increasing (or removing) the brick limit?

I mean, now that we have to build our own terrain, I've noticed the average server's brickcount to be a lot higher than they used to be.

Badspot

• Administrator
Badspot, can you at least acknowledge you've read this?

I have read it.  It is an old issue that I accidentally deactivated the fix for in the recent update.  It will be fixed shortly.

Badspot, remember you said to remove all add-ons? Well I did, and it is still crashing on spawn. I have all Textures, Sounds, And Music set to download, but it still crashes.

Badspot, remember you said to remove all add-ons? Well I did, and it is still crashing on spawn. I have all Textures, Sounds, And Music set to download, but it still crashes.
console.log

I recommend elevating the starting area far above the ground and have the groundplane serve as the absolute bottom.  Also you should make unlimited mining into a game mode and release it.
Okay well I can't do this with my Bedroom save. Since all builds are now loaded at the ground plane, my Bedroom needs to be below ground so the saves are loaded on my Bedroom build floor. Is there no way to go around the buried issue?

what about the old non ported bedroom saves?

what about the old non ported bedroom saves?
They would load correctly in my Bedroom build (If I could lower the ground plane) and I could include them in the game mode but it seems you can't load saves from the .ZIPs so I don't really know. I guess I could put put them into Gallery for people to download or something.

It all relies on lowering the ground plane. I built the entire house and the Bedroom floor is way above the ground floor.