2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701

Author Topic: 2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701  (Read 35954 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Please read before posting.  If you do not see something in this post then I have not fixed it yet.

The main fixes are:

• Fixed packages not fully deactivating when changing game mode, causing "Click to respawn" to stay on the screen, error spam coming from supposedly deactivated packages, and numerous other problems when changing game modes.  This is a pretty complicated technical fix to the internal workings of the script engine, so if this causes everything to explode I appologize in advance.  Please remain calm.

Note to add-on developers: Deactivating a package will not fully work (even if it seems to work) until the server is restarted (via gamemode change or otherwise).  In general, activating/deactivating a package is not a valid way of toggling something on and off.
  • Fixed ground changing lighting value randomly
  • Fixed some shadow stuff being done even on "minimum" shader detail (should be a good speed improvement on minimum)

There are a number of smaller fixes:

• Fixed text being too low in some guiTextEditCtrls - I did this by changing the "textOffset" in the guiProfile from "0 2" to "0 0".  I think at some point I made text offset actually work, so that's why it was off.  Add-on developers may have to adjust the profiles of custom guis accordingly.
  • Fixed ground/sky/water environment thumbnail lists extending outside of the scroll box
  • Fixed tutorial poster saying "toom" instead of "room"
  • Fixed main menu buttons appearing on top of gameplay if server browser is pushed via 3rd party add-on
  • Relaxed chat flood protection
  • GameMode_Tutorial now resists executing in a custom game mode - fixes numerous issues caused by users enabling tutorial add-on in custom game
  • Fixed "connetion accepted" typo in loading gui bar
  • Fixed day length setting not applying unless you hit enter - Note to add-on developers: the "variable" setting of a guiTextEditCtrl is now updated before the "command" is executed.
  • Fixed potential crash related to attempting to delete shadow FBOs when they did not exist
  • Fixed "duck" tutorial trigger extending outside of room exit
  • Fixed missing section of outer MotE mansion wall
  • Scroll bar in save/load bricks dialog now scrolls faster
  • Fixed uploading a save file as public not working
  • Fixed a number of performance issues related to destroying large numbers of bricks
  • Fixed cloud movement not working due to 0,0 wind vector
  • Fixed shader compilation warnings
       WARNING: 0:108: implicit cast from int to float
       WARNING: 0:114: implicit cast from int to float
  • Syntax errors in statments given to "eval" console function will now show a real error rather than just "Syntax error in input."
  • Fixed "Syntax error in input." in startup script
  • Fixed "LightManager::uninstallGLLights: no lights installed!" when shaders are enabled but not working
  • Removed "Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 22, 'HTTP response code said error', HTTP error 404" console spam - this just means something is not on the CDN, not a real error.
  • Fixed 100% transparent brick parts still being rendered

If something listed here is still broken for you even after updating, post.  Please do not repost known issues from the other thread.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:04:33 AM by Badspot »

Yay thanks!
Glad to hear most of glitches has been fixed!

Hooray. Speed improvement on minimum  :cookieMonster:

YUS! Now my toaster can run minimum without crashing! Thanks, Badspot.

My favorite change is:
  • Fixed 100% transparent brick parts still being rendered
It was bugging me so much when I planted a small invisible brick and forgot where it was.

Did you just break packaging forceRequiredAddOn?

Good thing that flood protection got relaxed.

god.. this thing was excited as forget..

Badspot

• Administrator
Did you just break packaging forceRequiredAddOn?

Yes.  See my post on the subject here.

Hooray, hopefully I can start running on minimum  :cookieMonster:

thank you

The game isn't awful to look at anymore! Yesss

Cool but how about this?

I do have a HD Intel graphics card, so do 50 % of BL users.

Are you going to fix this badspot?
When will this be fixed?

I love you, Baddy.

Even though I'm still not getting any shaders, I'm still happy my Blockland is working again.

I also have no shaders, but it's fine. I'm still fascinated by this update and I'm also glad you are working endlessly to fix all of these issues. Thanks for all you do badspot!