6 (7.1%)
Kniaz
18 (21.4%)
Sleven
9 (10.7%)
Pacnet2012
10 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Glass' Trench Wars (Official Topic)  (Read 37808 times)

Comments (that I can't be bothered to read 45 pages to see if they've been addressed):
Fixing weapon dropping shouldn't take longer than a minute if you have a competent scripter
Being equipped with a pistol, and going against a team equipped with automatic shotguns and op grenade launchers isn't very fun
Any idea what's causing people to lose weapons? That seems like half the talk in chat.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:07:20 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Comments (that I can't be bothered to read 45 pages to see if they've been addressed):
Fixing weapon dropping shouldn't take longer than a minute if you have a competent scripter (looks like you have Ipquarx)
Being equipped with a pistol, and going against a team equipped with automatic shotguns and op grenade launchers isn't very fun
Any idea what's causing people to lose weapons? That seems like half the talk in chat.

Yeah. The losing weapons things is making me a little ticked. But, it's a good reason to take HUD shots of pts and weps.

Yeah. The losing weapons things is making me a little ticked. But, it's a good reason to take HUD shots of pts and weps.
These can be faked quite easily

EDIT: 5 minutes after buying a weapon I think I know why weapons are being lost, and it took me another 15 seconds to think of a solution:
The save and load layout buttons are right next to each other, and when you have to load every time you die, it's quite easy to eventually misclick.
I suggest either:
    a. Using a scripted solution to store weapons on death
    b. Modify the save/load layout to save when buying a weapon, and load onPlayerTouch with the spawn
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:00:31 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Hello Glass, I'd like to report a loss of weapons that your admins don't want me to get the points back for. I recently discovered that all of my bought weapons in the store have been cleared, and that I have to rebuy them if I want them again. I currently have the default pistol and knife saved, reported this problem to your admins Joffrey and Tenshi, and told them that I had lost 1910 points worth of weapons along with a screenshot of the weapons.

The admins decide to say I have not earned those weapons, and that they cannot believe me. I wanted to know if you could get them to refund me because I'm very frustrated that all of my hard work is gone.

Thanks,
Gypsum

Gypsum if you are going to post in this topic asking for points, I suggest you not twist around what I said to you. I specifically told you that while you did give me a picture of those weapons, how am I supposed to know you earned all of them fairly? With the 'weapon dropping' thing that happened earlier yesterday I cannot simply give you the points for those weapons knowing that a good deal of people are carrying around items that they did not earn. Also on my mind is the number of people that figured out they could get the rpg without buying it by getting in the corner and crouch jumping into the rpg weapon spawn - which was fixed btw. I gave you 450 points, which given what I've just mentioned plus the overall lack of proof that you gave me, was a pretty nice sum of points. To see you come on here and complain more makes me think you are ungrateful for me helping you. I want you to think about just how many players do the exact same thing you did, complain about losing weapons and asking for points, and they actually DIDN'T earn those weapons fairly. You have to understand the view point of the administration.

Yeah this looks like a pretty decent server, there's just too many issues, many of which take no effort at all to fix.
In fact, allow me to offer you a solution to one of them

If I were in this situation, I would implement this (or a similar solution), fix the weapon loss issue, and then reset everyone's weapons and score

Also RPG glitch
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:36:52 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

I was thinking of making a script that saves all players Data into a folder and a .txt document that will show actual proof of ownership. but I'm not the greatest coder.

I might withdraw my administration and open a spot for someone else.

lol, server is in ruins right now..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:36:51 AM by Badger »

Ipquarx fixed the crashing.

Tenshi told me that all the glitches were going to be fixed with the reset.
Instead, weapons are still droppable, and my impression was that was the most abused issue.
It's also very easy to fix, especially considering that I gave you the fix

At least donating negative points appears to be fixed
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:56:03 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Badger, didn't you retire once before?

Heh.

Badger, didn't you retire once before?

Heh.

You know what friend. I don't GIVE A forget about your TTDM, Stop sending me updates you piece of stuff friend ass kissing cunt licking garbage.

Referring to your RTBConnect Messages and Forum.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:39:10 AM by Badspot »

I'll fill your spot.  :cookieMonster:

So not even a word regarding the issues?
I'd like to play this, but I don't want to waste my time if the issues that are causing a need for a reset aren't being fixed
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:20:56 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

So not even a word regarding the issues?
I'd like to play this, but I don't want to waste my time if the issues that are causing a need for a reset aren't being fixed

Glass sometimes forgets to disable weapon discarding. It has been disabled so nobody can give another player weapons.

Glass sometimes forgets to disable weapon discarding. It has been disabled so nobody can give another player weapons.
Alright its fixed now, but when I joined the server a few minutes before making this post it wasn't. I don't know how long it was between server reset and turning it on, but it could have been plenty of time to allow players to give eachother weapons. Why even allow it to be enabled? I see a use for an option to allow/disallow admins from dropping weapons, but I don't see any good that could come from allowing normal players to drop weapons.

Also if I sound like I'm being rude about it, that's not my intention