Precipitation and zones: Get rid of interior rain

Author Topic: Precipitation and zones: Get rid of interior rain  (Read 4871 times)

PROS:

- Make your roofs block rain at last (the leakiest ceilings and dampest caves in history are no more; stay dry in a downpour)
- Make rain actually make drippy drops on all levels over the top of exterior / terrain builds

CONS:

- Needs zones or zone bricks to block the precipitation. Zones created with events work.
- Since the droplets actually continue for a tiny bit past the splash, a thickness of about 3 or 4 bricks is needed to be completely rid of all traces of rain inside. For example, if your roof is a 64x baseplate, it needs the event

onActivate > Self > setZone > Up [4] [0 0 0]

which, if it is not thickened, causes a layer of droplets a few bricks above the roof.

Great for caves, not so much for umbrellas and small porches.

For the tops of exteriors, replace 4 with 0, and attempt to make sure any interiors underneath it are a few bricks below the top.

LOOKIE HERE

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:43:49 PM by Eksi »

My zone bricks won't work :C

holy loving stuff second most awesome thing i've seen today

holy loving stuff second most awesome thing i've seen today

What was the first?

this is actually the first because the second is slightly less awesome because i cannot use it

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=205034.0
loving beautiful

everything in this thread and that thread is beautiful

2012 - The Year of Graphical Success

First shadows, then the light fix, now this! This is amazing.

Sorry for the double post, but I really think more people should know about this.

Easy and necessary fix for the rain droplets: move the rain graphic further up in the decal, above the mid-point, then save it. Another issue is that the decal contains 4 individual rain droplets (part of some other torque thing which used animated or randomized rain iirc). Split that into a single droplet or something.

>going to sit in a chair and watch the rain out a huge window
>still cant see emitters out of windows

You don't need the onActivate > Self > setZone > Up [4] [0 0 0] there. Unless the brick isn't a water/zone brick. I'm pretty sure you don't even need the 4 there. Wich makes the splash in the air. I was able to take a normal zone brick with out the events and it did the same thing without splash emmiter in the air. I've done it on water bricks too.

You don't need the onActivate > Self > setZone > Up [4] [0 0 0] there. Unless the brick isn't a water/zone brick. I'm pretty sure you don't even need the 4 there. Wich makes the splash in the air. I was able to take a normal zone brick with out the events and it did the same thing without splash emmiter in the air. I've done it on water bricks too.
The events are for when you use events instead of the bricks.

The events are for when you use events instead of the bricks.
You don't need the onActivate > Self > setZone > Up [4] [0 0 0] there. Unless the brick isn't a water/zone brick. I'm pretty sure you don't even need the 4 there. Wich makes the splash in the air.

funny how the last 3 posts are saying the exact same thing