Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2480588 times)

So SteamPipe changes the way mods are done, but the real question is: Will using custom sound files on an sv_pure server (or Ubercharge sounds on any server) still cause painful audio glitches and/or crash the game?

Edit: Of course, the game is now crashing without any custom content installed at all, gg
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:50:13 AM by Regulith »

So SteamPipe changes the way mods are done, but the real question is: Will using custom sound files on an sv_pure server (or Ubercharge sounds on any server) still cause painful audio glitches and/or crash the game?

Edit: Of course, the game is now crashing without any custom content installed at all, gg

Really this whole steampipe thing seems like it's more trouble than it's worth, it saves me, what, 5-10 seconds? I had to completely redownload TF2 to actually get it to work too, for some reason when I tried to verify integrity and start the process of switching, steam just repeatedly crashed.

"62 files failed to verify"

Oh.

Really this whole steampipe thing seems like it's more trouble than it's worth, it saves me, what, 5-10 seconds? I had to completely redownload TF2 to actually get it to work too, for some reason when I tried to verify integrity and start the process of switching, steam just repeatedly crashed.
It's worth the trouble, as the game would cease to exist if it didn't switch over at some point.

Yep, everything works now. Must have botched something during the conversion or something.

It used to take like 5-10 minutes for me to launch TF2 and get to the main menu. Now it takes less than 60 seconds. I'm greatful for the change.

Yep, everything works now. Must have botched something during the conversion or something.

It used to take like 5-10 minutes for me to launch TF2 and get to the main menu. Now it takes less than 60 seconds. I'm greatful for the change.

Interesting, from what I've gathered from others, it tends to not be very noticeable, or drastically change load times.

loving
somebody buy my last breath for the 2 keys it's worth and not be a lowballing stuffhole who thinks 6 ref is an even mildly reasonable price.

so one of the biggest updates to tf2 has been released, and there isn't even a blog post about it

forget, the tf2 team really needs people who actually care about the game

finally bought my dream item

the strange invis watch!

loving
somebody buy my last breath for the 2 keys it's worth and not be a lowballing stuffhole who thinks 6 ref is an even mildly reasonable price.
1.8-2 keys.
If I give you a key + 4.33 ref, would you accept it?

Tomorrow you would've made one ref profit

then the day after that you would've made two ref profit

My money is on the bubble popping around 7 ref for a key

1.8-2 keys.
If I give you a key + 4.33 ref, would you accept it?
Hell yeah.

What if there was a monthly raffle with everybody in this topic?
One scrap to enter, winner gets all the scrap.
That could be a neat way of giving people some extra stuff.

What if there was a monthly raffle with everybody in this topic?
One scrap to enter, winner gets all the scrap.
That could be a neat way of giving people some extra stuff.
or we could do a hat raffle or something too