Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2471685 times)

also reg rename that phlog Horsell common

No?

The name I've got means more to me than some location used in a book I don't really care for

parachute:
Alt fire to release parachute, the parachute reduces the rate you fall at greatly.
+grants 40% more knockback from all sources
(includes your own rockets)
+resist mini crits
-no random crits

No random crits... To a parachute item? Wow, that's a terrible loss. I was hoping to crit everyone with my parachute.

Kidding, of course, I do realize you meant no crits with any item.

No random crits... To a parachute item? Wow, that's a terrible loss. I was hoping to crit everyone with my parachute.

That would kill market gardening

That would kill market gardening

what are you idiots talking about

no RANDOM critical hits

market gardener just doesnt hand out random crits, its a crit when you're airborne asdfa

the market gardener doesn't even random crit anyway

"The Market Gardener deals critical hits to enemies whilst the wielder is rocket jumping (or sticky jumping using an enemy Demoman's Stickybombs), but will not randomly crit otherwise."

I think this will break the market gardener. If you rocket jump, then activate the parachute, you will descend slower, allowing you to get an easier hit on someone, or if it slows you enough, 2 whole hits.

I think this will break the market gardener. If you rocket jump, then activate the parachute, you will descend slower, allowing you to get an easier hit on someone, or if it slows you enough, 2 whole hits.
except the first hit will send the person flying cause crits send you to the moon

and making you easier to dodge or shoot

The parachute will only be useful at the top of the rocket jump, as you descend you become an easier and easier target. If your enemy can't see you coming they're either extremely unaware or really bad.

The parachute will only be useful at the top of the rocket jump, as you descend you become an easier and easier target. If your enemy can't see you coming they're either extremely unaware or really bad.
slowdown only occurs to vertical movement=???

....Then nothing changes at all? My point doesn't change even a little, I was assuming that was all it did, the Soldier is not fast so it doesn't make a difference at all. Rocket jumping makes quite a bit of sound, the only real instance I can see this being used in the way described would be in an instance you could've just used rockets and got the same outcome anyways.

says who?

I think the only way the parachute could really be broken when added would be this:

1. The parachute and be turned on and off instantly and repeatedly as well as being able to be used at any height.

2. The parachute does as Buu suggested and resists minicrits which effectively gets rid of two (Direct Hit and Reserve Shooter) of the solid counters to this weapon. Because lets be honest, there's not too much that can effectively counter such a weapon, it makes you harder to hit, making it difficult for any projectile firing class to hit you and that leaves the squishy classes, close range classes, and the Heavy which would probably be your only real issue, a good sniper could put a damper on things but a good sniper counters near everything :P

3. The parachute makes you descend far too slowly, keeping the Soldier airborne for a good amount of time, making it the perfect 'corner hugging' weapon.

That's about all I can think of that don't include game breaking ridiculous stats.