Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2434083 times)

Tide turner Demoknight actually does kinda require some skill in a way

Like, you need to figure out how much of a turn you need to do and stall the charge long enough to get that crit with your melee to get the kill.
and then if theres still enemies you have to try to decide if you should either continue charging them or charge away.
and that's all in a matter of 5 seconds.

Exactly, everything requires some skill. The difference is that the mastery at that particular item may not be as good as actual mastery of a different item. Demoknight sure as hell is a ton easier than Demoman to start out with, and is just as useful for quite some time in skill levels, but the mastery of the two are different, Demoknight is easier to master, however, it's far less devastating than someone who's mastered the stock Demoman. But with this question I'm referring to the more typical/traditional playstyles of the classes because otherwise it'd be completely item based.

On the subject of demoknights, I honestly find the splendid screen better then tide turner, because I just love the shield bash damage from any distance.

On the subject of demoknights, I honestly find the splendid screen better then tide turner, because I just love the shield bash damage from any distance.

I love my Strange Targe n Charge. Since 90% of my kills are Grenade Launcher/Loch n Load kills the Tide Turner doesn't really appeal to me. I prefer the resistances+afterburn immunity.

I love my Strange Targe n Charge. Since 90% of my kills are Grenade Launcher/Loch n Load kills the Tide Turner doesn't really appeal to me. I prefer the resistances+afterburn immunity.

I whole heartedly agree. Majority of my charges are straight on, and the turning isn't relevant for me. The resistances and immunity to fire make it amazing.

literally the only thing i use the tide turner for is on dustbowl in the second part on the last cap

zoom out of the little hallway, turn 180 degrees, and impale an engineer on your sword
then get killed by a sentry

I once used the tide turner to charge AROUND a heavy, kill his medic, and charge away

also being able to run from someone chase you and doing a sudden 180 charge and lopping off their head is so fun

I sway between Loose Cannon/Scottish Resistance/Ullapool Caber and Loose Cannon/Chargin' Targe/Bottle when I'm playing Demoman seriously, it all depends on my mood (and how many Pyros or Sentries the other team has)

I tried Tide Turner/Persian Persuader (first with the BASE Jumper, which saved my ass once because of the comical hot air balloon effect, then the Bootlegger) the other day while goofing around, managed to be a top scorer a hilariously large number of times and got a 3-kill-combo at least twice

Tide turner+Claidheamh Mor is what I use
Its so fun to charge a length no one would suspect you to charge and cut them up

I love the loose cannon but I just can't pass up doing actual damage on a direct hit

I love the loose cannon but I just can't pass up doing actual damage on a direct hit

A successful double donk deals a total of 86-168 damage if I'm reading the numbers right

That qualifies as actual damage if you ask me

A successful double donk deals a total of 86-168 damage if I'm reading the numbers right

That qualifies as actual damage if you ask me
I used to own a strange loose and racked up a fair amount of double donks

but it was usually by accident because I could never get the timing down

I used to own a strange loose and racked up a fair amount of double donks

but it was usually by accident because I could never get the timing down

Fair enough

This is the best thing to do in TF2.

Find a spot in the middle of nowhere to just chill at.

gotta love getting 5 heads with the eyelander with the splendid screen equipped
150 DAMAGE ON CHARGE IMPACT
ANTI-MEDIC
Also my usual demoman loadout is The basmo biddy bomb Named grenadelauncher + strange scooty guys resistance + scottys handshake

They should give the scout the base jumper