Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2433956 times)

I never keep hats except for the few i need for a theme'd set, but i do need more stranges :c
pls give me hats you don't want i do want them

I've got 118 cosmetics but that's counting all of my Halloween items including the piles of uncraftable untradable stuff from last year

I keep most of my "real" hats together

why would medic need killstreak anything

it's a medic

Killstreak Mediguns count assists for the streak so it works out

I'd like to put a Killstreak Kit on my Overdose to count all the Pyros I kill while backpedaling and Ubersaw for all the random crit kills

I made a new minigun based on real-life miniguns (sorta)

Only fires 1 bullet
+80 firerate
+200 max ammo (Boosts it up to 400"
+50 accuracy
-3 health on hit (So if your against a very large crowd its still balanced also kinda counts as an upside with a medic)
2 ammo consumed per second while deployed
-25 move speed while deployed

I made a new minigun based on real-life miniguns (sorta)

Only fires 1 bullet
+80 firerate
+200 max ammo (Boosts it up to 400"
+50 accuracy
-3 health on hit (So if your against a very large crowd its still balanced also kinda counts as an upside with a medic)
2 ammo consumed per second while deployed
-25 move speed while deployed
So an even better minigun?

So an even better minigun?
Aside from the fact it has no damage bonus or speed bonus
infact because of its firerate and -3 health on hit one minute your killing an army of soldiers next minute you have no ammo and only 5 health
no seriously it tear through all 400 shots quickly and the accuracy bonus is actually quite small
i tested it out you can still charge into battle except demomen snipers and spys are still a problem
if you do have a medic however you can tear through groups easily the only problem is that the -3 health and firerate outdoes the healing from the medic
so you can't just hold down the trigger and kill everything you have to stop firing sometime

-snip-

Hm..that just made me think of something that'd be pretty interesting for stats for like a Rocket Launcher or something.

Something like "The Blood Pact". -25 health on fire, 50% of damage done converted to HP, 15% reduced projectile speed. It'd increase the survivability of the Soldier...if they can aim. I was thinking something similar for a scout primary but I couldn't think of a way it wouldn't be either OP or pointless, because unlike the the Rocket Launcher, it's a hitscan, so for example, a Scout v Scout battle would end with you winning 100% of the time if it had proportionally lower damage on fire, or it'd have too much and be useless unless you have 100% perfect accuracy, or it'd just have to be a downgraded scattergun with this effect which sounds even worse.

Edit: Actually I think this would work pretty nicely for a Spy primary: -25 hp on fire, 80% damage converted to health, 50% slower reload speed, no random crits. It could even possibly let you stack up a bit of Overheal.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:15:40 AM by naturemon »

Any health leech item is a no from me and probably most of TF2. The blutsauger balances it out because the medic has natural regen, other classes don't

Speaking of health leech, does anyone know why they changed the GRU? Was it just to stop making Ubercharge-building easier?

Any health leech item is a no from me and probably most of TF2. The blutsauger balances it out because the medic has natural regen, other classes don't

I am not seeing any sort of reason why health leech would be an issue on certain classes, as long as it's not like -2 hp a second or anything like the Blutsauger and actually controlled by the player using it and not a straight upgrade from the stock.

Edit: Breadfish's example though is awful, being punished for doing your job makes no sense. And NEEDING a Medic to use the weapon is even more ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:03:10 AM by naturemon »

Edit: Breadfish's example though is awful, being punished for doing your job makes no sense. And NEEDING a Medic to use the weapon is even more ridiculous.
valve did had ideas for a pocket rocket launcher where you would get -10 hp per hit but the medic or you would get a significant buff

valve did had ideas for a pocket rocket launcher where you would get -10 hp per hit but the medic or you would get a significant buff

But there are practically no benefits to his lol. You shoot faster and are more accurate to effectively kill yourself almost twice as fast as you could've, and you're slower.

Also I'm assuming they scrapped it for a reason, that reason probably being that you'd have to rely on someone else to stay alive, which has never been their style.

that reason probably being that you'd have to rely on someone else to stay alive, which has never been their style.
isn't this TEAM fortress 2 though?

isn't this TEAM fortress 2 though?

Yes, but there's nothing in it that forces you to rely on teammates ever. Teammates are supposed to be a convenience, not a necessity.

Edit: There is one weapon I just remembered where this is not true, a weapon no one uses. The Sun on a Stick, but that's not a primary either and melee isn't used too often as scout anyways, but again, it's still not unusable without a Pyro.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:44:43 AM by naturemon »

guys how do i increase my wealth?

i have .88 ref how do i start

this is my backpack

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197968429535
OR
http://www.tf2items.com/id/bieme
buy low sell high is how it's been throughout mankind's history

Killstreak Mediguns count assists for the streak so it works out
well this changes loving everything considering I main medic

time to go blow like 3 keys on this stuff

Speaking of health leech, does anyone know why they changed the GRU? Was it just to stop making Ubercharge-building easier?

I liked that better o:

EDIT: I have 26 cosmetics.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:30:35 PM by Steve5451² »