Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2430892 times)

-snip-

I would have kicked you too if you showed that kind of attitude. Plus having everyone set to engineer is a terrible tactic, especially on Rottenburg.

also this
I've never played Rottenburg with all engies, in fact it seems extremely inefficient. Usually Rottenburg is played with: One Scout, Soldier, Heavy, Medic, Demoman, and Engineer because they effectively cover all issues you would have. You also fail to realize these are MANN UP TICKETS, if this was free I'd be on your side, but this costs money, obviously people are going to want to win otherwise they'd join a random MvM server instead of wasting money on a ticket. You need to look at it from other people's perspectives, it wasn't cool to just boot you out like that but most MvM players couldn't care less about your having fun since winning is the objective, one that costs money and time at that.

EDIT: MvM is one of those gamemodes where you cant go in and expect everyone to do things your way. There is hardly any room for change in advanced and expert Tour MvM. On Rottenburg, you have the dream team setup and a kritz medic.
If you are playing the one with uber medics, you have the demoman knock them out before they uber. If you have the giant medics, you focus all attention on them and not the robot they are healing in order to prevent them from starting their quick-fix uber.
Heavy is generally a giant killer, soldier and demo are used to kill the tank while the scout, medic, engi, and heavy stay in the front and prevent the bots from breaching the front gates.

Its a simple setup, but if ONE person does not cooperate, it will prove fatal. I hate to say it, but I'm very kick happy when playing two cities. If the player is a douchebag, i kick. If the player is muted, I kick. If the player is new and doesn't know how to play, i kick. If players get really bad upgrades or weapons, i explain what is generally needed and priority, or in the case of engie, tell them that the extra sentry or 2 way teleporters should not be bought. If they refuse to comply, i kick. Its that simple. Each tour takes way too much time to be failing countlessly because of a bad player. Also, you don't play as a character you aren't good at on advanced+. If you are good at a class, stick to it. Test other characters in boot camp.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:54:53 PM by Ninja Decoy »

So i was playing Sniper on Hightower, as i poke out from a doorway for a split second, out of the corner of my eye, i saw a Sniper aiming right for me, i had just ducked back into the corridor when i just suddenly die almost a whole second or two after i got to safety

Latency is fun

And so is playing a game on Granary where it's 2 - 0 and you're on the losing team and you're respawning in 15 seconds, and during those 15 seconds, the BLU Team captures your first cap and spy caps the last one after having recently captured the mid cap before you died

I did have some fun moments in that Hightower game though, so not all was bad at least
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:12:04 PM by Masterlegodude »

So i was playing Sniper on Hightower, as i poke out from a doorway for a split second, out of the corner of my eye, i saw a Sniper aiming right for me, i had just ducked back into the corridor when i just suddenly die almost a whole second or two after i got to safety

Latency is fun

And so is playing a game on Granary where it's 2 - 0 and you're on the losing team and you're respawning in 15 seconds, and during those 15 seconds, the BLU Team captures your first cap and spy caps the last one after having recently captured the mid cap before you died

I did have some fun moments in that Hightower game though, so not all was bad at least
Tell me about it. I keep having periodic in-game lag spikes when playing TF2 these days, and my internet connection likes to cut out to the game for 5 seconds every several minutes. It's a terrible thing when you play on a server like INTOX's Zombie Fortress, where staying in one spot away from the engineer always gets you infected sooner or later.

I would have kicked you too if you showed that kind of attitude. Plus having everyone set to engineer is a terrible tactic, especially on Rottenburg.
Attitude? They were the ones taking the game way too seriously. I know the best setup to beat Rottenburg. I've done it dozens of times before. Have you ever tried an all-engie setup on that map? It's great because the amount of rocks at the first large basin area provide great cover for sentries so they basically shoot bots-in-a-barrel. It's the best tactic to win the map. I've beaten it with my friends and I all playing engies many times before.

EDIT: MvM is one of those gamemodes where you cant go in and expect everyone to do things your way.
Tell that to the bigots who kicked me for not doing things exactly the way they wanted rudely demanded me to.

Its a simple setup, but if ONE person does not cooperate, it will prove fatal.
If we all only did what other people wanted us to do in-game, we would always lose. You have to make decisions for yourself based on your own knowledge and expertise of the map and your own loadout you have available to use. I was the most cooperative person on the game; I WANTED my team to win, so I chose the best way to do it, as an engie. Nobody else has any right to tell another player how to play the game. If they kick, they're a massive jerk, and they obviously have more pressing issues with themselves to address than getting mad at one guy not doing exactly what they want in a video game.

I hate to say it, but I'm very kick happy when playing two cities. If the player is a douchebag, i kick. If the player is muted, I kick. If the player is new and doesn't know how to play, i kick. If players get really bad upgrades or weapons, i explain what is generally needed and priority, or in the case of engie, tell them that the extra sentry or 2 way teleporters should not be bought. If they refuse to comply, i kick.
Not to insult you, but you don't sound like a very pleasant person to play video games with.

See, this is exactly what the problem is. People playing on Mann Up tend to take the game way too seriously. I swear, they must all have acquired the Australium Cloak of Condescension from the way they act. Votekick has always been a terrible thing in video games, and the way it's executed in Team Fortress 2 has clearly proven that. People, like myself, are always kicked by others for absolutely no logical reason, other than their own malicious hatred/jealousy of their fellow gamer.

What's most sad is that those kinds of people that take the gamemode too seriously seem to have forgotten you don't lose your ticket if you don't complete the map. That's what I realized after I got votekicked off Rottenburg and still had my ticket.

Besides, kicking your own teammates is always counterproductive. Sure, maybe you didn't like the way he wanted to play, but anyone who still kicks their own teammates is always a jerk, and those kind of people are the ones I prefer to avoid in-game. Think of it from an economic standpoint, of Opportunity Cost (we've been learning about this lately in my Economics class in high school): By kicking your teammate, you don't gain anything for your team, and at the same time you also lose a teammate who would at least have provided additional fire support for your group. It's counterproductive and stupid.

Tell me about it. I keep having periodic in-game lag spikes when playing TF2 these days, and my internet connection likes to cut out to the game for 5 seconds every several minutes. It's a terrible thing when you play on a server like INTOX's Zombie Fortress, where staying in one spot away from the engineer always gets you infected sooner or later.
Actually my ping was always 20 and below, but there were people who had a ping that was in the 200 and 300's on both teams

if you would've switched to medic guess what would happen?
you can keep your teammates alive and revive them, which proves much more effective than a second sentry gun.
really if you're playing a two cities tour map and DONT have a medic, you're doing it wrong.
medic is pretty much crucial to a teams survivability.

should have just switched to medic, and told the engi better spots for sentry placement.

if you would've switched to medic guess what would happen?
you can keep your teammates alive and revive them, which proves much more effective than a second sentry gun.
I wouldn't need to revive any of them if they were playing Engineer and had their sentries fighting the battle for them.

good luck dealing with uber meds on a giant heavy with no shields or power classes.

good luck dealing with uber meds on a giant heavy with no shields or power classes.
It's usually not a problem once the engies have enough of the upgrades for themselves to keep alive and rapidly repair their sentry as the damage comes in. Plus, the sentry armor buffs you can get and canteen powerups for instant level 3 upgrades help a ton.

So uh...anyone here a good spy?
We need a Steel Spy for our highlander team.

I wonder if you've ever played advanced rotten burg planr. It sounds to me you played the easiest difficulty. Not only is a team of engis damn near impossible without busters. With 5 engines you get 5 busters at a time, and you can't do enough damage to kill Uber medics and if 1 engine doesn't have a wrabgler, they have a chance of activating the Giants uber.

I didn't pay money to waste time. That's why people get serious about Mann up mode.

I wonder if you've ever played advanced rotten burg planr. It sounds to me you played the easiest difficulty. Not only is a team of engis damn near impossible without busters. With 5 engines you get 5 busters at a time, and you can't do enough damage to kill Uber medics and if 1 engine doesn't have a wrabgler, they have a chance of activating the Giants uber.

I didn't pay money to waste time. That's why people get serious about Mann up mode.
Sentry busters are incredibly easy to avoid. Just wait until they start sitting to take their explosive dump on your sentry, then grab your stuff and run like hockey sticks. Works every time.

You shouldn't be paying extra money to play the game at all. That's why there are so many people who dislike Team Fortress 2, because of all the bullcrap with people being serious about "muh gold weapons" and "muh hats". I have 15 good friends in my steam list, and only two of them will ever play TF2 with me. The others hate it completely.

See, this is exactly what the problem is. People playing on Mann Up tend to take the game way too seriously. I swear, they must all have acquired the Australium Cloak of Condescension from the way they act. Votekick has always been a terrible thing in video games, and the way it's executed in Team Fortress 2 has clearly proven that. People, like myself, are always kicked by others for absolutely no logical reason, other than their own malicious hatred/jealousy of their fellow gamer.

What's most sad is that those kinds of people that take the gamemode too seriously seem to have forgotten you don't lose your ticket if you don't complete the map. That's what I realized after I got votekicked off Rottenburg and still had my ticket.

Besides, kicking your own teammates is always counterproductive. Sure, maybe you didn't like the way he wanted to play, but anyone who still kicks their own teammates is always a jerk, and those kind of people are the ones I prefer to avoid in-game. Think of it from an economic standpoint, of Opportunity Cost (we've been learning about this lately in my Economics class in high school): By kicking your teammate, you don't gain anything for your team, and at the same time you also lose a teammate who would at least have provided additional fire support for your group. It's counterproductive and stupid.

On another note, I HATE how some people on these mvm servers with the custom missions on them always try to get everyone to play the incredibly easy "30K money at the start" missions ALL THE TIME
Like its fun and all but I'd like a actual challenge every once in a while.

I'm starting to get into TF2 ever since I got my new computer. I haven't played the game really since the F2P update so a lot of stuff is new to me. Anyone want to play this weekend?

I'm starting to get into TF2 ever since I got my new computer. I haven't played the game really since the F2P update so a lot of stuff is new to me. Anyone want to play this weekend?
sure