Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2431760 times)

I believe the pixelized engi came before the pixelized topic, and thus inspired the pixelized topic, did it not?
IDK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

item sets are getting nerfed too, btw

specifically saharan spy, croc set, milkman, and loch n load set

valve says the bonuses won't be removed, but rather changed and applied to specific items in the set
Well, they never said they'd specifically nerf those sets, they just used them as examples of not being able to tell if a player has the full set or not. They probably will nerf them though. I'm curious to see if they add set bonuses to sets that currently dont have any bonus, like the #1 fan set.

Yea I hope they add bonuses to the non-polycount sets

Yea I hope they add bonuses to the non-polycount sets
I'm curious to see if they add set bonuses to sets that currently dont have any bonus, like the #1 fan set.
Valve, please do this

Well, they never said they'd specifically nerf those sets, they just used them as examples of not being able to tell if a player has the full set or not. They probably will nerf them though. I'm curious to see if they add set bonuses to sets that currently dont have any bonus, like the #1 fan set.
I'm assuming you mean non-gameplay set bonuses, since they're taking gameplay based set bonuses out. I agree if that is what you mean, I'd love a Bonk! based visual effect. Maybe an unusual like effect for the bonk boy with it being cola spurts? Like what comes out of bonk when you switch to it as a weapon. Would be cool.

how they could nerf the mini sentry.

it could only be built by smashing it with the fist, and will take 2 seconds to be deployed when hitting it.

that way we won't have starfish engies spawning those forgeters in annoying places and dying

Honestly I'd want them to reduce it's range a bit OR reduce it's starting HP. One or the other.

I wish they brought back the level 3 minisentry  :cookieMonster:
It was fun while it lasted

I'm assuming you mean non-gameplay set bonuses, since they're taking gameplay based set bonuses out. I agree if that is what you mean, I'd love a Bonk! based visual effect. Maybe an unusual like effect for the bonk boy with it being cola spurts? Like what comes out of bonk when you switch to it as a weapon. Would be cool.
Pretty sure they're not removing stat-changing set bonuses, they're only making new ones that are more balanced.

Pretty sure they're not removing stat-changing set bonuses, they're only making new ones that are more balanced.
Nope, they are removing gameplay affecting things from the sets and putting them onto weapons.

'For all of these reasons, as part of this next update, we've decided to change the way item set bonuses work. Players have traded for, purchased, and crafted these items, many in order to complete the sets and get these bonuses, and we're not abandoning the bonuses outright. Instead, we've moved the gameplay bonuses to specific items within the sets, and introduced new bonuses to these sets that won't affect gameplay balance.'

Basically they're taking the set bonuses and putting them onto some of the weapons within the set, and then changing it so the sets just give bonuses like special voice lines and visual effects.

and introduced new bonuses to these sets that won't affect gameplay balance.'
I hear this and I think "new bonuses that don't break the balance of the game" IE nothing OP/UP.

They could do new voice lines and stuff like that though, they've done it with the halo ween costumes, but i don't think there would be an unusual like effect.

Its too early to know exactly what they're planning.

how they could nerf the mini sentry.

it could only be built by smashing it with the fist, and will take 2 seconds to be deployed when hitting it.

that way we won't have starfish engies spawning those forgeters in annoying places and dying

I believe they could do it one (or more) of the following ways:

1. Reduce the range
2. Make it easier to destroy while being built
3. Increase the amount of metal required to build

I believe they could do it one (or more) of the following ways:

1. Reduce the range
2. Make it easier to destroy while being built
3. Increase the amount of metal required to build
I don't know why it wasn't 125 to build from the start

Degreaser and Homewrecker is a nightmare for Combat engines.