Author Topic: Build Impeirial City? Anyone?  (Read 980 times)

Just wondering if anybody wants to help me build the IC on oblivion for BL give me all the BS idc.

what lvl of detail are you doing?
i could imagine just one of the districts using the brick limit.

all made by 1x1 plates

Mm, I was looking at the Imperial City a few days ago and wondering if I should try and build it...
The big issue I felt would be the fact that it's very round and very angled, and those two don't often translate well to Blockland.

The Imperial City is pretty damn big...
Like Bisjac said, the brickcount will be massive just for one of the 5 sections, at least it would be at a decent level of detail.

Perhaps another of the towns could be made instead. They're a lot smaller.

yeah i would think the project should be JUST the market district.
generally you should be building to scale. and usually when you recreate things, the goal is to have it recognizable (to people who have ever played oblivion) without having to tell people what it is. that requires a lvl of detail that will use a lot of bricks lol.

it would be real cool though

It'd be a pretty neat project. If you got a few people that were good builders then you could probably do it.

i think that's a bit of an exaggeration lol

all the circles will probably be an issue though

unless you're looking for literally perfect detail, in which case of course it will be brick-consuming.

well i know i could easily break 250k bricks on a single district.
but i like to build to a larger, more realistic scale then most blocklanders tend to, with extreme detail.

most of you usually build the cute simple style that would be a fit for a real lego minifig. like how in real lego sets, the people can barely fit into anything as if they were 9-foot people.

that logic dosnt apply to a first person sandbox. you build to a realistic scale.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:37:14 PM by Bisjac »

well i know i could easily break 250k bricks on a single district.
but i like to build to a larger, more realistic scale then most blocklanders tend to, with extreme detail.
i get what you mean then.