Blockland 2

Author Topic: Blockland 2  (Read 34406 times)

still waiting on fighting, deathmatch, items...

THIS IS DRAMA PEOPLE, THIS    IS    DRAMA!!!!!!!

Fighting.

The new physics abilities of the new engine allow for more fighting possibilities then before. However, playability had to be balanced with capabilities. Even though players could move each arm or leg independently, it is difficult to push 4 keys at once just to move forward. Standard player movements are used for the most part. A movement editor lets you modify the way you move each arm or leg, allowing you to modify every aspect of how your virtual characters moves. You can maximize speed or mobility. With the movement of each arm independently, and maximizing on the physics engine, you can create specialized hand movements for decapitating your foes even faster then before. You can customize how your player holds and swings swords and maces, even how your player holds a gun. Every movement of the player is editable.

Each part of the player has a set number of hitpoints, when these are reached, the item is lost. Since the head of a mini-fig contains no vital organs, these can be removed without physically stopping the player. Only when the chest is destroyed can players be completely killed, as this is what binds all of their other pieces to the body.

Losing an arm or two isn't as bad as you might think. To counter for the disadvantage of being unable to use any weapons, you gain the melee attack bite and the ranged attack torcreep, which folds your body up and launches you forward. These options can be turned off for a more realistic playing style.

Items.

Hundreds of new items have been added to the game. Items can be bent and used as bricks. For example, if you are having trouble reaching a location, you can pile up a dozen hammers and jump up it. Similarly, you can drive a spear into a wall, and use it to launch yourself to higher locations.

Weapons.

Many new weapons populate the land of Blockland. Weapons have a random colorshift applied to them, depending on the location. For example, in a desert, weapons may have a slight brown tint to represent the dirt of the environment. Weapons also have slightly randomized attack speeds, damage, and reload times, within a certain margin. You can also save weapons between servers, if you find a great AK47 in one server and want to stick with it, you can save its qualities. Next time, when you find an AK47, you have the option to substitute your own. Servers have the option to disable this.

You may customize your saved weapons with a variety of decals and spare parts, and can even change the colors of existing parts.

Coming up next... Community, Player Customization, Deathmatch, and Co-op Missions.

This would make a really good game.
Badspot should consider making Blockland better using some of the suggestions you put here. (Not many, since most of them can't and won't happen when you're using something like OpenGL)

I don't know how to respond to that.

I don't know how to respond to that.

Just say cheesecake, helps me...

And yes, some are good ideas. I'd like to see them.

If all this is true, I'm going to sh*t myself. If not, NOU.

Also, if this true, dumb question but when BL2 comes out will I have to pay again?

Whatever do you mean? Why would you pay for something that is 6 generations old? you should be waiting for Blockland 9.

Something like this would probably require Terrabits of processing power and memory.

Considering the rate of growth of technology, we could see that on a consumer level within our lifetimes.

I guess its more of an ethical question at that point. If we can simulate  everything in the world down to molecular levels and properties, is this the 'edge of reality' where one can choose in what state one lives?

Please Badspot, see this and come tell us whether it's true or not.

community:

Noob's stay as noobs.
Everybody bows to tails who is now a admin.
The forum has loads of mod's witch pwn,