Author Topic: Bot Events II  (Read 27481 times)

Good god, you are amazing.
Badspot deciding to remove bot events, no matter how important that may have seemed, cost my friends and I hours upon hours of work on RPGs.
Now, all that's left is the build, which seems so empty now: there's no story, no monsters, no NPCs, nothing.

If I could ask you, please try to make the events relatively similar to the original, so even if we do have to re-event every single thing, it won't be that hard to figure out.
An even bigger favor would to make the events somehow identical, at least the "onBotActivated" business because I certainly cannot remember each and every single line of dialogue, let alone the movement.

If one of you, or even Amade, could upload a previous version of the Bot Events that are not failed, so we can at least have something working in the meantime... it would be very appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:29:31 PM by Blockoman »

Badspot deciding to remove bot events, no matter how important that may have seemed, cost my friends and I hours upon hours of work on RPGs.
Now, all that's left is the build, which seems so empty now: there's no story, no monsters, no NPCs, nothing.

If I could ask you, please try to make the events relatively similar to the original, so even if we do have to re-event every single thing, it won't be that hard to figure out.
An even bigger favor would to make the events somehow identical, at least the "onBotActivated" business because I certainly cannot remember each and every single line of dialogue, let alone the movement.

If one of you, or even Amade, could upload a previous version of the Bot Events that are not failed, so we can at least have something working in the meantime... it would be very appreciated.

Hours? I'd think it's more like days. At least a good 50 hours. 200+ saved versions. And here I thought with V21's shaders and day/night cycle it'd be even more amazing. But then this happens.

You can read through the .bls file to recover the saved events. Not very useful, but it should work for recovering the lost data.

i think i'll make a converter that processes saves and moves them to new event systems

or no?

i think i'll make a converter that processes saves and moves them to new event systems

or no?

If you can and not screw it up

or no?
finish and release the bot events first :v

or no?
or you can just not change the event names

also I have no idea how this github thing works how am I supposed to edit files

• Fork the repo
  • Get Git Extensions
  • Clone the fork
  • Edit the file
  • Commit
  • Push
  • Submit pull request

This, I think it'd be very helpful if none of the event names were changed. That way people wouldn't have to completely relearn bot events, and then a lot of work wouldn't be lost either.

Well, in theory at least. I don't know if having the same name of event would make builds with the old bot events compatible with the new or not.

• Fork the repo
  • Get Git Extensions
  • Clone the fork
  • Edit the file
  • Commit
  • Push
  • Submit pull request
This all seems a little unnecessary

Well, that's the process of making a change in git.

:/

• Fork the repo - Only first time; because giving everyone write access would be chaos, so you create your own copy
  • Get Git Extensions - Only first time; any other git UI should work too (including the CLI)
  • Clone the fork - Only first time; get a local copy of everything
  • Edit the file - Obvious
  • Commit - Record the change
  • Push - Upload the change to your fork
  • Submit pull request - Ask us to merge your fork's contents back into the main repo

I dunno why, but I got a copy of the BotEvents that still works o,o if it got CRC'd you'd think it wouldn't be working, but idunno :S

I dunno why, but I got a copy of the BotEvents that still works o,o if it got CRC'd you'd think it wouldn't be working, but idunno :S
It's probably an outdated version and so has a different CRC.

It's probably an outdated version and so has a different CRC.
Probably