Author Topic: Bot Events II  (Read 27482 times)

I have suggestion for the mod.

I was annoyed how bots always went directly for the players, like zombies running into walls because the player was on the other side.  Would it be possible for the ai to follow the path the player went instead?

I have suggestion for the mod.

I was annoyed how bots always went directly for the players, like zombies running into walls because the player was on the other side.  Would it be possible for the ai to follow the path the player went instead?
That would be A* pathfinding.

Why cant we just rename the file.?
Bot events was stuffty as forget, in terms of stability.

It utterly needs to be redone.

To even get this mod developed more the developing team will need to make time for this and  try to work together otherwise this project will go directly to waste.
I know this.

I'm not sure if the rest of the team wilco.

Glad to see you guys are doing this.

Anything I can do to help?

If you can code, talk to lugnut.

If you can figure out how to use git talk to lugnut.
Fixed.
Coding ability isn't needed as nothing happens anyways D:

git is not hard at all i don't know what problems you were having

git is not hard at all i don't know what problems you were having
That all git tools either not work or require other stuff or console haxing

then have some kind of meetup and plan things out together.

then have some kind of meetup and plan things out together.
Not sure if the rest of the team is up for this.

people act like github is the single repository of all coding knowledge and ability, even though it's only really useful on massive scale, extremely complex projects. hell, google docs could accomplish the goals you want and do it on a much more accessible level.

Why no progress? I don't know exactly what if anything is happening, you might all already know this but -
Amade made the first one on his own. Don't wait for other people to do something, while it is helpful, you don't exactly need a huge team to do this. If nobody else is online then start working on your own. If somebody doesn't like what you've done then they can correct it or redo it completely.  If a week has gone by with no progress, then I imagine it's because everyone is waiting on everyone else to start in order for them to start.

Some more wise words from Mysteroo

Some Advice:
Do not port code over from the original. Every one of those events has glitches, and if you take code from the old mod yours will have too.

Also, the whole team live in different timezones. I am a silly
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:38:05 PM by chrisbot6 »

I see what you did there.

Good point. But I believe the timezone difference between the majority of us is only around a 2 hour differential.