Author Topic: girl denied high school diploma because she said "hell" in her speech.  (Read 2609 times)

Miserable stuff bags in high places feeling powerful and justified.

This is what I hate most, religious crazies doing stupid stuff to make the 99% that's NOT crazy look bad.

easily offended parents*

really it's just "forget"
is there really anything wrong with that

while we're at it why don't we make every word that sounds like a swearword inappropriate, like duck or shirt
thats great that some teenager thinks that, but try that in 20 years, then have your parents come in to a classroom and watch as their teach goes and yells "today we are going to loving leanr some bitch ass algebra motherforgeters, lets learn this stuff harder then i forgeted your mom last night".

see how it goes.

It means swearing in loving english too, stop being dumb.
I was only told that a while ago from a cousin that was religious, I didn't loving know sorry, calm your balls.

In 20 years we will have cops in every house to make sure we all behave.

Since when is 'hell' a curse word?

I took some surveys on their website and apparently 29% of people who browse the website like Fox News better than any other channel.

Well, I'm never going to Oklahoma City.

I was only told that a while ago from a cousin that was religious, I didn't loving know sorry, calm your balls.

How could you not know something like that, it's a simple synonym.

hot damn thats one fine news anchor

but yeah thats too bad

You're going to hell for lusting.  :cookieMonster:

I don't understand the concept of "swear words" - calling the word bad, instead of the meaning of the word
"Oh, that word is bad, don't say it, but you can say this other word that means the exact same thing!"

I don't understand the concept of "swear words" - calling the word bad, instead of the meaning of the word
"Oh, that word is bad, don't say it, but you can say this other word that means the exact same thing!"

Bitch can be meant as a term regarding a female dog, but it's not the only meaning.

The swear words that people dislike are the ones used as slang, and thus taking on new meanings.

If you said "I won't call you a bitch, so I'll use a different word with the same meaning," then people will (or at least, they should) get angry at the fact that any other words that can be used, in place of calling someone a bitch, are going to be just as cruel.

That's the concept behind them.  If I call someone a friend, I don't mean a "Bundle of sticks"... I mean he's a flaming homoloveual that I hate, or someone who resembles one.

thats great that some teenager thinks that, but try that in 20 years, then have your parents come in to a classroom and watch as their teach goes and yells "today we are going to loving leanr some bitch ass algebra motherforgeters, lets learn this stuff harder then i forgeted your mom last night".

see how it goes.
okay now that's just ridiculous

but an occasional "forget" or "oh stuff" not meaning anything harmful is completely fine lol

Reminds me of when I got in trouble for saying "hell" in an old school.  forgetin' catholics lol.

If you said "I won't call you a bitch, so I'll use a different word with the same meaning," then people will (or at least, they should) get angry at the fact that any other words that can be used, in place of calling someone a bitch, are going to be just as cruel.
That's what I'm saying. Technically they should get just as angry, because the meaning is the same, but they don't

That's the concept behind them.  If I call someone a friend, I don't mean a "Bundle of sticks"... I mean he's a flaming homoloveual that I hate, or someone who resembles one.
That's different, friend is a derogatory term

I mean things like the case in the OP
"How the hell do I know?" versus "How the heck do I know?"
Of course in this case you could argue that hell has a religious connotation, but there's still other cases
Such as  "Oh stuff" versus "oh crap"
It means literally the same thing.

How could you not know something like that, it's a simple synonym.
Because I've only heard it, never looked up it's definition, or where it came from.  I haven't even seen it in my school books.

And why the forget does it matter?
Mind your own business instead of implying I'm stupid for not knowing something about one simple word.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:47:40 PM by tkepahama »