Elevators that work? (SOLVED)

Author Topic: Elevators that work? (SOLVED)  (Read 3688 times)

I  make me my own elevator and use Setplayertransform. Much better than kalphiter's lousy elevators.

The elevators are static shapes, not interiors.
I doubt there is much of a difference though.
But I am not a modeler so I don't really know.
yes i do but its not like you will ever know mwahuhuhuhuhu
It's a very big difference

I  make me my own elevator and use Setplayertransform. Much better than kalphiter's lousy elevators.
Teleporting.
Is.
Not.
A.
loving.
Elevator.

Get that.

Teleporting.
Is.
Not.
A.
loving.
Elevator.

Get that.

That is true, but if you make elevator "rooms", then use setplayertransform to tele from one room to another, it has a more realistic feel than a platform physically moving up and down where you can see the walls moving.

That is true, but if you make elevator "rooms", then use setplayertransform to tele from one room to another, it has a more realistic feel than a platform physically moving up and down where you can see the walls moving.
Except you can't properly teleport vehicles which are they only good uses for elevators anyways.

Bump. Please, I can't work on many builds as they have complex elevator events that'd be lost :(

Except you can't properly teleport vehicles which are they only good uses for elevators anyways.

Setvehicletransform.  It exists.

I've used elevator "rooms" as you call it before and frankly I just like the Kalph-style elevators more. If I thought using setplayertransform was a better option I would have just used it from the start.

Anyway, trying out jes00's file.

EDIT: They work perfectly. Many thanks to jes00
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:32:59 AM by StarHawk »

I've used elevator "rooms" as you call it before and frankly I just like the Kalph-style elevators more. If I thought using setplayertransform was a better option I would have just used it from the start.

Anyway, trying out jes00's file.

EDIT: They work perfectly. Many thanks to jes00

I agree that depending on the situation, moving elevator brick's work, such as a clear tube that extends very high where only a moving elevator can create a good effect, but otherwise for hotels, skyscrapers, and what not, a good looking, well designed elevator is better.

Also, can you post a pic of jes00's elevator, unless it's just kalph's elevators fixed.

Also, can you post a pic of jes00's elevator, unless it's just kalph's elevators fixed.
It's just Kalphiter's but fixed.