Author Topic: Elevators that work? (SOLVED)  (Read 3690 times)

Not sure if this belongs in S&R or Development but I'm going with S&R.

V21 seems to have broken elevator events and it'd be sweet if those could get fixed or someone could make new ones since they were quite useful. Just saying :P

Click here and save to your add-ons folder (overwrite the old server_elevators) to fix Kalph's elevator events.

Many thanks to jes00 for the solution!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:34:35 AM by StarHawk »

Elevators are broken since kalp made his out of interior glass.

Not true.

lol where could've you gotten that idea?

/support - Fixes for these would be great.

uh what.

Kalph's elevators have indeed broken.

They were made out of an interior.

I wonder, are elevators possible with JVS?

I wonder, are elevators possible with JVS?

I think somebody was working on that. Was it Truce? Anyways it was a lot smoother than Kalphiter's elevators, but I think it was abandoned.

I think somebody was working on that. Was it Truce? Anyways it was a lot smoother than Kalphiter's elevators, but I think it was abandoned.
Well if I could do it I would. Lets hope somebody does.

Kalphiter's elevators work fine for me.

They are not interiors, they are static shapes and static shapes were not removed and are not broken.

Kalphiter's elevators work fine for me.

They are not interiors, they are static shapes and static shapes were not removed and are not broken.
I figured that they weren't, but they do seem to be a little glitchy. I once placed a bunch of elevator bricks in a line as a glass pathway, now whenever I load that build the static shape is missing. I haven't tried in a while, but as far as I can remember I could get the shape to appear after doing something- probably replacing the brick. But it should have appeared when I first loaded the build, I shouldn't have to fix it every time I load

You're right. The element that he made the platforms were made out of was removed with V21, that's why elevators won't spawn. So technically all someone has to do is replace the element that the events go searching for with a different platform (just a flat texture surface, shouldn't be too hard...) and it should be good, right?