Author Topic: Post-Minigame Events and Calls  (Read 276 times)

what if there was a event, callable at any time during a minigame, that allowed you to identify a 'winner' and then 'end' the current round, allowing players to review stats and score totals before resetting the minigame and starting again?

as far as usage goes, this could be used to trigger specific things (like payload bombs exploding or confetti or something) at what is explicitly the end of any real action or combat, make elaborate post-game celebrations or screens (for instance, the Smash Bros 64 screen), or simply give players a sweet humiliation round where the winning team (or sole winner?) gets a big gun and is allowed to go to town on all the victory-challenged

winners, by the way, could be identified by this event too, as stated before. within any event, a brick could specify someone as 'the winner' until the minigame ends, when the title sticks: so, for instance, you could have a king-of-the-hill game where the title of 'winner' gets passed around whoever is standing on the hill until the minigame actually ends and someone actually wins, even though according to flags they're currently winning

alternately (and this could probably go in the same pack of events) the winner of the minigame could be described by other means, like whoever has the highest score or whoever has the lowest health or something

on a related note, do you think we could get an updated player-list GUI to go with this? something just-short-of-fullscreen (or at least very obstructive) that could be shown during the post-game, if it's called in events, and then get removed when the next round starts, like tf2 and counter strike's post-round reports

This wouldn't be terribly difficult to do, but the problem is that there's no standard structure to implement it into. It could work well in an existing mega-mod like slayer, but otherwise you would need to write the system for when the end of a round is determined. Really, the most simple solution I see to this is making an "endRound" event so that users can determine when a round is complete. I can't help but notice that something similar to these events are already in my racing events.

aaaa

this dropped fast

It's not really practical IMO. But I could try it. It doesn't sound hard. The only problem is that teams are created in different ways on different servers. But the end of game scoreboard stuff I could do.