Author Topic: Parents are gonna get divorced  (Read 1770 times)

My parents divorced when I was young, I hardly ever get to see my dad even though I really want to.

He seems always lonely and different now ;_;

My parents "divorced" when I was 10. Not really a divorce, just I moved away.

My dad always sounds a little depressed when I call him.

My parents have been living separately for almost 9 months now, talking about divorce but not making any actual move towards it

my parents arent divorced.

sorry bro that has to suck. It would hit me hard if my parents divorced

Not to drone off the sympathy wagon too much, but it seems like way too many people nowadays are breaking up and getting divorced.

Not to drone off the sympathy wagon too much, but it seems like way too many people nowadays are breaking up and getting divorced.
Yeah isn't the divorce rate in the US like 50% or some stupidly high stuff?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:55:40 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

My parents are divorced; my mom is dating and my father is going steady.
A bit awkward.

Apparently a majority of the board belongs to children of divorced parents. That, or a majority of the internet. It's strange.

AKA I'm sure a lot of people here can help.
a majority of first world people
Commitment and fidelity aren't taken seriously.
Marriage is pretty much a joke unless you're al-sandmonday with your four wives, chances are you're subject to this kinda stuff.

my parents got divorced when I was four
I can't remember stuff from back then
so it's not so bad for me, because I don't really know what it's like to have married parents
I bet it wouldn't be a good feeling, though

Bump again.

Right now me and my dad are watching some soccer, gonna be a hard time sleeping tonight. Atleast spending time with him gets his mind off the issue. Its kinda hard to believe that 23 years of them being together might be gone.

Bump again.

Right now me and my dad are watching some soccer, gonna be a hard time sleeping tonight. Atleast spending time with him gets his mind off the issue. Its kinda hard to believe that 23 years of them being together might be gone.

This is very bad news, I'm sorry this is happening to you.

But the spiraling depression that is sinking into your father should really be put to rest.

Advice:

1. Spend time with him

2. Reassure him to make him feel okay.

3.  Don't let that sadness beat the stuff out of you and him, stop it as quickly as you can.

And I hope everything turns out okay.

It's like every other family in the world just gets divorced all over the place. Am I the only one whose parents had a long and stable marriage?