Author Topic: Hosting service - Terminated!  (Read 30963 times)

IMO Lub didn't have to report them, all he had to do is tell them that they were doing something wrong and the link to where it shows what their doing wrong, and that they'd have to shut the server down.

I know they forgeted up, but seriously many people don't even read the terms of service because their too lazy to, which is dumb.

And besides, from most of Lub's posts on their service topic, you can tell he wanted their service shut down.

Lub is an starfish.

Pacnet and hammereditor forgeted up.

I like how 90% of the hosting services here are hosted by kids and tweens that just want a reputation.

This is why I would only use Kalphiter's, or when I am 18 or older, I would find a building with fast internet made for hosting services and build my own server computer or rack.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:26:55 PM by Axolotl »

IMO Lub didn't have to report them, all he had to do is tell them that they were doing something wrong and the link to where it shows what their doing wrong, and that they'd have to shut the server down.
He did and they made a stuffty argument that they weren't violating anything.

He did and they made a stuffty argument that they weren't violating anything.
Ah ok. I must have not seen it then.

Let me open up the quote that determines the fate of a hosting service:

"hurr durr im 12 years old and i will start my own free hosting service like another 12 year old did"

Don't loving do this at this young of an age, it is frowned upon by server and network admins who are actually at or above the legal age.

Also, I'd like to see the GO TO DRAMA card be played on this post.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:43:14 PM by Axolotl »

I would host blockland on my server but its for websites and the provider doesn't let you forward ports.

I would host blockland on my server but its for websites and the provider doesn't let you forward ports.
The server's hardware is probably made for only doing intermittent requests.

lol@how neither of you knows what he's talking about

QuadCore Intel Xeon CPUs, 8 GB ECC RAM (memory), fast SCSI drives (RAID-1 protected) and are connected on 1000 mb/s lines.  Includes unlimited bandwidth and data storage.
It's not VPS either, so all of this is dedicated to my site.

It's not VPS either, so all of this is dedicated to my site.
Along with 100s of others

Along with 100s of others
I wouldn't think its shared. Can you find out if it is?

I'm late but I'm positive your Verizon home internet couldn't stack up to 1/18th the speeds of Kalphiter's server.

I'm late but I'm positive your Verizon home internet couldn't stack up to 1/18th the speeds of Kalphiter's server.
They did a speed test which showed 3/10 of Kalph's download and 1/20 of his upload. Although, you never know how their setup works. If all my neighbors are using the internet, then my connection speed drops.