Author Topic: Toribash - Violence perfected  (Read 1382 times)

Toribash is a violent fighting ragdoll game, You click on small little joints and when you're ready, You press space and watch the move at work.

http://www.toribash.com/
I'm not really into making this into a big topic. :/

yeah, there are some people who play this game and it's like "wtf how"
but I can't play for stuff
I think I've won like one match against the bot

I have two degrees in karate and I have no loving idea of what to do

Press random thinks near the hips and legs.
Fly up and do more random stuff.

The learning curve is incredible but those who know what the hell they are doing just blow my mind. Look at some of the replays. Simply amazing.

^
After you spend some time to learn how to move yourself, it's really fun.
I've been playing for awhile and I think in Judo I'm ranked 180 =o

I have two degrees in karate and I have no loving idea of what to do
:o me too

Meh, I just go to mods and get a knife.

I love this game, but all I used to do was a backflip and decapitate the dummy.

I kick some serious ass at this game. I don't care if you're a blackbelt, i'm still going to to beat you to death with your arm.

If someone wants to play a few rounds (preferrably wushu but you can pick any mod) then add me on steam. (nick is dr.kirby, account name is ultimamax)

I liked swords, mainly because it made the game very hard as far as defense is concerned.

Most everyone just closes their arms so you have to block/dodge that.

I've had a few games where I lean back with the swords and prop myself up, then fling myself forward and take off a limb.

Great fun, love toribash.

If I were to compare the learning curve of Toribash to anything, I would compare it to bhopping.
Hard to do, fun when you learn.
I should record and upload some of my good replays...

Tried this, and I really really really want to like it. However, I really need finer controls

"trey you must suck look at all these cool replays you dont need finer controls noob"

Those guys are good at this because they know how to make their ragdoll move in ways that ordinary physics does not allow real people to move. If you look closely at those replays, after the initial flip or helicopter kick it's just controlled spazzing. There is no elegant execution, unless your move is very simple. Don't get me wrong, controlled spazzing is extremely effective and the things they do and the way these people do them is as loving cool as things can get, but I just can't get into it when I can't control the body as well as I can my own.

What would make me happier is having a way to better control muscles, such as a given final angle or a command to extend the muscle over a period of time as opposed to all at once. I probably wouldn't care about this as much if the ragdoll physics didn't already closely match real life. If they were completely unrealistic I wouldn't bother, but they're SO FREAKING CLOSE TO PERFECT

Just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:04:09 PM by Treynolds416 »