Is it possible to host 2 dedicates servers without a hosting service?

Author Topic: Is it possible to host 2 dedicates servers without a hosting service?  (Read 855 times)

/title

I wanna have 2. each with different gamemodes.

/discuss

Yes, you need two different block land folders and two different ports.

yes it's possible.

use -gamemode gamemodename with 2 different shortcuts and run them at the same time.

yes it's possible.

use -gamemode gamemodename with 2 different shortcuts and run them at the same time.
oh ok... I will try this later.

noedit: you don't need two different blockland folders; just two different dedicated shortcuts.

yes it's possible.

Sorry for double post, but How do i do this?

Sorry for double post, but How do i do this?
First you would need to copy+paste the blockland shortcut on your desktop. Paste this to whereever you want your dedicated server shotcut to be.
right click the blockland shortcut and select Properties and add this to the end of the target:
 -dedicated -gamemode custom

Now if you open up the server, it will start the server on the gamemode "custom"
Replace "custom" to anything you want.

They need to run on different ports though. Can you add a -port argument to the command line?

They need to run on different ports though. Can you add a -port argument to the command line?
Yes.

First you would need to copy+paste the blockland shortcut on your desktop. Paste this to whereever you want your dedicated server shotcut to be.
right click the blockland shortcut and select Properties and add this to the end of the target:
 -dedicated -gamemode custom

Now if you open up the server, it will start the server on the gamemode "custom"
Replace "custom" to anything you want.

could I add -port 28000 to it?