Author Topic: 2012/08/26 - Blockland r1715  (Read 49214 times)

I still cannot use shaders because EXT_texture_array is not supported on my card.
He hinted that he will work on this. I'm waiting for it too.

Are you telling me that my graphics driver can run Battlefield 3 on the highest settings but it cant run shadows on Blockland?

Are you telling me that my graphics driver can run Battlefield 3 on the highest settings but it cant run shadows on Blockland?
do you know what a driver is

have you tried updating it

He hinted that he will work on this. I'm waiting for it too.

Can you quote/link this?  I have this issue and am looking into any info.

Can you quote/link this?  I have this issue and am looking into any info.
He said "You don't have support for texture arrays. Wait for future updates."

He said "You don't have support for texture arrays. Wait for future updates."

I am very pleased.

Badspot

• Administrator

Could everyone please stfu about this.  Battlefield made like a billion dollars, they can afford to hire 10 people whose only job is figuring out how to run shaders on your crap-tacular laptop.  I am one guy.  This is not a fair comparison.  
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:54:37 PM by Badspot »

I'm not sure where else to ask this, but is there a way to save and load environmental settings?

Cause if there isn't, we need that.

I'm not sure where else to ask this, but is there a way to save and load environmental settings?

Cause if there isn't, we need that.
There's an add-on for it, but it's client sided.

There seems to be a problem where there is a forced 0/0 player count, and I'm unable to change it even when I use $Pref::Server::MaxPlayers.

Could everyone please stfu about this.  Battlefield made like a billion dollars, they can afford to hire 10 people whose only job is figuring out how to run shaders on your crap-tacular laptop.  I am one guy.  This is not a fair comparison. 
I don't understand why people don't seem to get this.  The fact that only TWO people developed this game implies that, not only is it an incredible feat, but as much open support as it can possibly get.

I cannot run shaders, either.  My card is fine, but there are simply some things to work out right now.  The version, otherwise, is fantastic so far.  Instead of constantly hounding down the people who offered you the game, maybe you should give them REAL feedback or bug reports.  I've been apart of this community for over 7 years now, and I've never seen one reason to throw the people, who've done such an incredible job with it, under the bus.  It's annoying how spoiled some of you are.

Could everyone please stfu about this.  Battlefield made like a billion dollars, they can afford to hire 10 people whose only job is figuring out how to run shaders on your crap-tacular laptop.  I am one guy.  This is not a fair comparison.  

Nuff' Said.

Seriously give this guy a f*cking break. Go learn some code all you script kiddies and figure it out yourself.

Nuff' Said.

Seriously give this guy a f*cking break. Go learn some code all you script kiddies and figure it out yourself.

What?

Nuff' Said.

What?

Not to be an ass to those who cannot marvel at the shaders yet, but i am one of the happy people who can experience the maximum setting of the shaders.
Thank you Badspot and (lord of the shadows,) Kompressor.
EDIT: Thank you for this wonderful content, of course not for the part where others aren't able to marvel at it's greatness. :P

As a learning programmer it is hard for me to tell how hard it is to do something like shaders and shadows, but i am 100% sure that you two did a great job at it so far and i admire you for working on it so that everyone can admire the shadowy effects.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:51:09 AM by lordician »